Mundane Pointless Stuff I Must Share

I do something similar when looking up movies or actors in IMDB. I try to browse the links on the main page to a movie in which an actor appeared who was also in the movie of interest. Basically, the idea is to get to the desired result using only mouse clicks.

We’ve had some canned chicken sitting in the pantry ever since we moved here, over two years ago. Today my husband finally pulled a can out to check the expiration date on it – and it was today’s date, 9/1/2007!

That’s a Big Fucking Picture.

Word.

I think that’s the biggest picture I’ve ever seen.

she’s hawt.

Huh. I didn’t know ‘career’ was a verb. And certainly not one with that meaning.

Carpe diem! Swanson party at the Tigers’! I’ll bring the beer and ipecac. :wink:

My MPTIMS, now that fall is in the offing, is about “bomber jackets.” Folks, when shopping for stylish outerwear, please stay the hell away from anything called a “bomber jacket.” It’s retailers’ code for tacky, sloppy-fitting and overpriced. No one who ever gets within 5 miles of a bomber would ever call it anything but a flight jacket, and would expect it to wear, fit and look a lot sharper.

ok, I am puzzled. Link to a good strip?

Well, the current one.

Or this one.

EEEEEE! I’m bursting. I just got an email with a picture of a brand new Doper baby, and I want to tell you all, but I CAN’T SHARE!!! (Well, I guess I could, but that’d be mean, right? I should let the Doper Parent do the baby announcement thread thing.) So cute! Such a cute baby! :smiley:

Actually, it’s going to get fed to the dogs. For whom it was purchased in the first place – our golden retriever has massive thunderstorm phobia and every other kind of nervous disorder a dog can have, so we have to bribe him with a few bites of something meaty and delicious in his kibble to get him to eat when he’s nervous, which is most of the time.

But I like the idea of beer and ipecac. Yummy, what a delicious combination! :smiley:

Well I hope this doesn’t destroy your meditation practice, but I’d bet good money that your first breath was an inhale.

I spent five and a half hours of driving time yesterday from home and back just to spend two and half hours watching my team get the snot pounded out of them in San Diego yesterday.

I didn’t even stay for the fireworks show.

Having already jumped into the careen/career issue, I’ll take this one on also. I just read a book of usage that says that burglarize (or burglarise if you’re British) is the proper word. It’s the original term which was then the basis of the noun burglar. The word burgle was then invented as a new verb from the word burglar. So if you say burglars burgle instead of saying they burglarize, you’re the one who’s debasing the language.

The first letter of this post is “T”. Whether you read it literally, or as the “trick question” sort of way: “The first letter of ‘this post’ is ‘T’.”

Sorry, Sapo, I didn’t mean to sound like I was accusing you of stealing a line from XKCD. I just meant that your post seemed reminiscent of XKCD’s author when he waxes philosophical. That’s all. It was a compliment.

I took it as that. I am just not familiar with the strip (I remember we had a troll with that name, right?, and maybe even someone linked to one strip). Hence my asking for a particular strip(s) where the author sounds like that (me), instead of me reading through a hundred of them.

My cat’s breath smells like cat food.

Yes, and the link was probably mine. I take every vaguely plausible opportunity to link to this, which is not only my favorite xkcd strip, but maybe my favorite bit of world view/philosiphizing EVAH!
(See how I snuck another link to it in there? Devious, I am!)

Your first breath was inhaled… or did you mean some random breath, not really the first?