Words that don't exist but should.

Obstecologist a melding of Obstecologist (sp?) and Gynocologist. Ob-Gyn isn’t as fluid enough.

Phonesia - forgetting whom you are calling after the phone starts ringing.

Phoneheimer’s* - forgetting that you are leaving a message on an answering machine and not talking to a real person.

• I will gladly accept any help to make this a better word as I suffer from this quite a bit.( Teleheimer’s. Babble-heimzer’s…etc.)

“mook” - to specifically denote the milk of a cow.

I’m often tripped up because there is no unisex term for neices and nephews like there is for brothers and sisters, so I’ve been trying to get people to call them niblings

snyffony–When one person in a crowd starts sniffing their nose, and everybody else does the same :sniff: :sniff:.

Bonerplegia - the condition of being unable to stand or walk, lest you reveal a raging hardon.

The couple that are your aunt and uncle need a word for their collective pairing, as well.

baggicapp (BAG-ee-capp) - a temporary, physical hindrance that results from carrying too many shopping bags at one time.
My husband unlocked and opened the door for me because I was baggicapped.

Related to phonesia–Strollnesia: Walking to another room and suddenly forgetting why you did so. Usually only cured by going back to whatever you were doing before you got up and hoping the urge strikes you again.

Ambicapped: The inability to know intuitively your left from your right (i.e., without doing the L thing). Possible causes: your kindergarten teacher explaining that the hand you write with is your right hand. Only you’re left-handed.

Hookerface: A woman wearing several layers of makeup.

Bodiceripaphobia: The fear that someone is standing behind you, reading your trashy romance novel scene over your shoulder, and judging you for it.

Heh. My husband was in Vietnam. The Vietnamese word for water is “mizoo” (that’s phonetic. I don’t really know how to spell it). Anyhoo, we used to call milk “moozoo” and beer was “Boozoo.”

My daughter cam up with this one when she was about 5 (she’s now 12) or so: disastrophe, a combination of disaster and catastrophe. We had falafel on pita bread one night not too long ago, and she loaded it up with tzaziki sauce, and of course the pita started falling apart. She said "Dad, my pita is dysfunctioning.

Vlad/Igor

Going off peasea’s excellent niblings hee hee, wouldn’t this term be narents?
Snicks

A gentlemen did a wonderful favor for me and I’d like to give him a business card holder and a bottle of Drambuie (his last name is Buie and we were talking about Drambuie and cigars when we met) as a thank-you gift. I don’t want to spend more than $70 on the holder and the only company I can think of that will have a nice one in that price range is Coach.

Does anyone know of another brand that’s giftworthy and in my price range? If not, I’m leaning towards this one.

As always, thanks much.

Amn’t --the missing contraction for “(I) Am Not”. Everyone comes up with this, as a kid, because it makes perfect sense. I know I made it up, and so did my six-year-old.

postident - accidentally posting in the wrong thread.

I like this one alot.

**Ambi-sextrious. ** A name that can be either Male or Female. Taylor, Chris, Pat…etc.

post-pardon: forgiving a person for posting a reply that was meant to be a new thread.

Mea culpa.

Yue is a mixture of You and We.

If A and B are talking, and B refers to something A and B will do, he can say “Yue are going to a party tonight.” Mr. A knows that he is going to the party.

If A and B are talking, and B refers to something B and C, D, and E will do, he can say “We are going to a party tonight.” Mr. A knows he is not included in the “we” because A did not say yue. B will not be embarrassed by having to say, “Oh, I didn’t mean you and me, but me and C, D, and E.”

Memotional for an emotional memory.

But we should start reusing words that have become unacceptable… I long for the day where one can use ‘one’ as I just did without sounding like the Queen of England.

‘Their’ should also be acceptable as a replacement for ‘his or her’ and ‘they’ for ‘she or he’.

glilly, I definitely agree. There are languages that use the “individual we,” and the “collective we,” Chinese being an example. “Woh men” = “individual we,” “zan men = collective we.” English has borrowed words from all over, so why don’t we do the same with grammar?

Aquadextrious: Being able to turn on the tub handles while taking a bath . I totally stole this from someone else. It’s so clever.