Mundane Stuff You Just Now Realized

I’m an email Scrabble junkie. I was looking in my OSPD for a word, and ran across “dagoba.” The OSPD defines it as “a Buddhist shrine.”

Yoda lived in the Dagobah system. A “dagoba” is a Buddhist shrine. Oh. Now I get it.

All right, you’ve got to be kidding me…What was Lucas thinking?..I know that movie makers sometimes put some obscure stuff in there, but come on…Tell me honestly, how many people knew this?

WARNING…THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS ABOUT THE MOVIE THE SIXTH SENSE…

In the movie The Sixth Sense, the color red is used to signify the presense of a spirit.

I didn’t even notice how often red was used in the movie until I saw a posting in the Yahoo Movie board. I had to see the movie AGAIN to see the number of times the color red was used, and that’s when I realized that the director was using the color as a visual clue to the movie’s ending.

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

What the hell? I had hit “return” several times to place the block of my text lower down in the post.
I wanted to give posters who hadn’t seen the movie a chance to scroll down past my post without inadvertantly reading it.

I sincerely apologize to anybody who has the movie spoiled because of my screw up. :frowning:

Sealemon, you didn’t spoil anything for me. You just gave me a “factoid” about the movie, is all. When & if I see it, I’ll just look for red stuff. :slight_smile:

Sealemon88,

<blink>UBB Spoiler, don’t look down there if you want to know!</blink>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Is this what you were trying to do?

I don’t know what happened…except that perhaps the system truncates (sp) the post if you hit “return” too many times…

Oh well.

And Chrisi…If you like physychological(sp!)thrillers, I think you’ll enjoy Sixth Sense.

RE: Sixth Sense use of red lighting to indicate the presence of a spirit…

If you watched Hunt For Red October, you might have gotten confused during the movie’s climactic submarine battle scenes, because American officers are in the Russian submarine’s bridge, and the scenes rapidly switch back and forth between very similar sets (they’re both submarines, after all).

But watch carefully; the bridge of the USS Reuben James is lit in blue, the bridge of the Red October is lit in red.

Aboard real nuclear submarines, the lighting is all durable fluorescent fixtures: not very dramatic looking. I guess it’s just like putting the bad guys in black hats…

A really mundane pointless thing… turns out you can crunch the saltine crackers INside the cellophane pouch before distributing them onto your chili.

Where I grew up, your soup just tasted like the machine grease on your hands. Doesn’t seem right without it, really.

Jack the Ripper was known for killing prostitutes.

In the movie “Dr. Strangelove,” Gen. Jack D. Ripper sends a group of B-52’s to bomb a Russian city “Laputa.” “La puta” is Spanish for “prostitute.”

I first read the book (based on the screenplay) at 16, and saw the movie a year later. It was several years before I found out the connection.

And, of course, there was a LOT of other innuendo that went over my head the first time I saw it, that I didn’t catch onto until some years later.

There’s a “review topic” thingy underneath the reply box. So THAT’S how I can freaking C&P. Duh.

I just realized how i really am dreading having to interview a language facilitator about their life tomorrow! Arggggg! It’s not that i can’t do it (i’m writing what i’m going to say down, and i have a fairly good grasp on Spanish). It’s just that i feel like this should be extra credit and I am being forced to do it.

Just what the heck is a language facilitator?

One complete set of morals for sale to highest bidder, new in box.

Cristi-
There’s a “review topic” thingy underneath the reply box. So THAT’S how I can freaking C&P. Duh.

Thanks for pointing that out for me. I never knew. I just always thought it was more advertising!
:slight_smile:
How fun!

Oh, THIS is good…just found out that in my profile on th eteeming millions homepage, I gave my job description as “comperter auditor.” LMAO!

Sometimes I feel like I just learned to walk upright.
On another semi-related topic, I just found out that Kevin Costner’s latest baseball movie For the Love of the Game is directed by none other than my boy Sam Rammi (Evil Dead 1 and 2, Army of Darkness, and the TV shows Herculies and Zena). He’s been directing more serious stuff lately, but I would have never linked him to what appears to be another “If you build it, they will yawn” movie.

How come when you’re on the train, every crossing you go over the bells are ringing, but when you drive it’s about a 1 in 10 chance?

hehe Just kidding. :wink:

I remember the time I was in the grocery store reaching for a loaf of “Roman Meal” and suddenly realising “Oh my God! I don’t have to buy Roman Meal because my mom always did! I can buy ANY BREAD I WANT!” Absurdly obvious, but hit me like a ton of bricks.

Hmmmm, let’s see if this works:

o.O

Dang, I put a bunch of {br}s in, but it didn’t work. I guess there has to be something in between them for it to work…or maybe they just get filtered out, I dunno…