Murder or Self Defense

Seems to me Horn made himself judge, jury and executioner. That is depriving someone of due process. Is the death penalty prescribed punishment anywhere in the US for stealing?

Err…(bolding mine):

The two burglary suspects killed by Pasadena homeowner Joe Horn were shot in the back after they ventured into his front yard, police disclosed Friday. The two burglary suspects killed by Pasadena homeowner Joe Horn were shot in the back after they ventured into his front yard, police disclosed Friday. SOURCE

I feel like it’s factually incorrect to try to conflate “the outcome of a specific case” with “broad legal doctrine.” Following your posts to their logical conclusion you would conclude that you would broadly not get in legal trouble for shooting people in the back in Texas. The reality is many people in Texas have gotten in legal trouble for exactly that. In certain situations you might be able to do it and avoid legal trouble. Someone not being indicted or not being convicted for something, doesn’t mean that their behavior is a standard to which you should assume the law is held in future events.