Music you wouldn't know were it not for Looney Tunes.

It’s definitely not a sped-up “Volga Boatmen”. I know what astorian’s referring to, and the comparison is a huge stretch. It sounds like some hopak or trepak.

I can’t find a Granny cartoon, but are you sure the music used isn’t from Raymond Scott’s adaptation of the Mozart, titled “In an 18th Century Drawing Room” (which I have definitely heard in other Looney Toons)? - YouTube

I think it is the same music bit you are thinking about, I based my reply on this past thread:

That I remembered wrong :smack:, the Volga reference was not the correct one, so I prefer the second choice, I do remember that Termite Terrace was capable of composing tunes when needed, as in One Froggy Evening, the song the Michigan Rag was not an old tune, it was made for the short by Milt Franklyn, Michael Maltese and Chuck Jones.

There is still a third choice as mentioned by the posters on that thread: That Carl Stalling grabbed it from stock music.

From “Baton Bunny”!

I actually just heard that piece on a local classical radio station yesterday afternoon, and kept imagining I heard the little fly buzzing around!

That fits better than Brahm’s Hungarian Dance No 5 which was my first guess.

Bullwinkle sang it once as Little Tommy Tucker:

"Russian dressing?!?

*Tomatoes, beets, and turnips, we use to make it red, HEY!

Put it on your salad and you’ll wish that you were dead! HEY!*"

I’m pretty sure it’s not the adaptation.

trisch-trasch polka