Musicians I Hate

Phil,

I am at a loss. What to do?

1. Thank you for backing up the talented Tori Amos, who has NO business being mentioned in this thread;
  2. Tear you a new one for calling Yes and Rush dull.

Help me out here. Which do you prefer?

Phil Collins. 'Nuff said.

Hrm…guess I won’t be trading CDs with Phil soon… But I’ll forgive ya hon. Even if you do like the GoGos. :wink:

Apparently, Phil prefers “Abominably Dull Music” created by “Extremely Untalented Musicians” :stuck_out_tongue:

Ugh! Dave Mathews is evil with his inane wailing. Ugh!

But I hate Ani DiFranco. I’m from Santa Cruz, CA, where hateing Ani DiFranco is the one thing that will get you the death penalty. But ugh! her voice is so annoying and I wish she would just sing instead of her inane wailing and “artsy” screeching. She sounds like an out-of-tune ally cat. And her songs arent even deep. Half-assed rhetoric mixed with whineing about lame signifigant others. Shut Up! We want orgional thought, not just a party line. And as for her whole “independent artist” crock, why do her concerts cost thirty bucks? There are plenty of independent artists playing fifteen buck shows and they arnt all dead. And they dont feel comelled to flaunt their state of independence every three seconds (while releaseing an album full of filler every year to milk the fans.)

I have a feeling that most of these people who are ragging on Tori haven’t heard a single song she’s written since her first CD. Yes, Little Earthquakes was an emotionally-draining and beautiful CD and she drew much of the inspiration for it from the pain of being raped. And, FTR, she wrote exactly one song about being raped.

And…um…you know she’s released four albums since then with entirely different sounds. In fact her last two have a little bit of a techno/dance flavor to them.

She signs autographs and talks with her fans before and after every concert she plays. By all accounts, she’s one of the friendliest, most approachable artists in the business. She takes requests and does some amazing covers of everyone from Springsteen to The Cure to Nine Inch Nails.
She’s even covered Amazing Grace, Home on the Range, and Somewhere Over the Rainbow and actually made them sound good!

Oh, and I think a big fat FUCK YOU!!! is in order, aimed squarely between the eyes of Suo Na for an offensive, ignorant, ill-informed, piece-of-festering-shit post. It’s assholes like you that are part of the reason that many women don’t come forward after being raped.

Count me among the men who don’t care about her “cunt-grinding on the corner of the piano bench” (what a ladylike thing to say, BTW), and love her because she’s simply the most talented singer/songwriter on the planet.

Amen, says I.

Her cover of “Smells like Teen Spirit” is bone-chilling too, neutron. I take it you know that already, of course. If not, drop me a line.

And “from the choirgirl hotel” almost got me arrested!
I had to drive from Chicago to Indianapolis on a Fri. evening. I had the cd playing for the first time and Raspberry swirl came on. I looked down a minute later and I was doing 105mph :eek:

Hey Coldfire, if you’re in Amsterdam, I hope you don’t have to work today! 0220 ouch

03:28, actually. And yes, I do have to work. But I have very weird sleeping patterns - don’t worry about me :wink:

Great cover, CF. From the Crucify EP, if I’m not mistaken. Have you heard any of her live, bootlegged covers? I saw a list somewhere a while back of all the songs she’s covered in concert. Over 100, IIRC.

And in case you haven’t heard, Tori is a mommy now. She gave birth to a healthy baby girl last Monday. If she grows up to have 1/10th the talent of her mom, I’ll buy all her CDs.

Yeah I’m a Tori fan. It grew from my love of Kate Bush - I still think Tori takes a lot of her style from her but that’s a good thing! If you haven’t heard KB and are a Tori fan do so at once! For some reason I have heard derisive comments from KB fans re. TA but I just don’t get it. They are talented musicians working from their own experiences but with a common thread of “style” IMHO

I’m with you. I picked up on KB after watching USA’s old Night Flight show featuring her “Live at the Hammersmith Odeon” concert. Went out and bought “Hounds of Love” and eventually everything else. Pity she hasn’t done anything since “The Red Shoes”. Saw TA’s “SOTY” video on VH1 and was hooked. I now have 31 cd’s and 3 videos as well as several tapes full of TV appearances.

On the OP, though: Alanis can bite me. I’ve heard a lot of her teeny bopper crap from the late 80’s. She secured the rights to all this drivel in order to prevent it’s re-release. Too bad she can’t control E-Bay!!

She can’t be the “angry young woman” forever, though. The fire has to go out eventually. If she doesn’t change, she’ll disappear. Oh, and when she does, she can Fionna “heroin chic” Apple with her. Hey, Fionna, EAT SOMETHING!

Remember before he acquired the 900 pound block of pretense and he was plain ol’ Johnny Cougar?

Yeah, unh huh. Whatever.

Bill Gates is a hell of a businessman. I wouldn’t watch his music videos.

I would say, though, that Madonna is the second-best actress in the world. Everyone else is tied for first.

you pack of lifeless sexless dweebs, if it weren’t for you i’d feel inferior to everybody-- anybody up for a fight!!!

by the way, i did bjork at the living room, (while she was still with the suger cubes)those handles on her head come in quite handy

I’m up for a fight!

Wow, she must have been drunk and desperate. From your posting you seem about as attractive as a shit in a swimming pool.

Now, now. I think y’all aren’t giving Alanis enough credit. I’m not crazy about all of her music, but hey, she’s still young and she’s proven herself to be a brilliant songwriter. And everybody (except Rush) sucked in the '80s.

I have four words for you : “Y Kant Tori Read.” Bleh. I rest my case. :slight_smile:

Well, several musicians suck.

I don’t think that I hate any of them, but there are many that make my skin crawl with their “music”

I hate to disrespect the dead, but
John Denver’s caterwauling mad me fly into a rage…

My songs make you nauseousssssssss,
Like a date with your moth-eeeeerrrrrrrr!

And Barry Manilow
Now that shit’ll make you put a gun in your mouth.

And what’s the deal with Tammy Wynette? Doesn’t she know that normal people sing with their mouths instead of forcing notes out their sinuses?

There are so many “musicians” that fuckin’ suck, I can’t name ‘em all in one breath. And I have huge fuckin’ lungs.
Boy George
Milli Vanilli
Vanilla Ice
The new George Michael
Snoop Dogg
Frank Sinatra Jr.
Tiny Tim
Elton John
Captain and Taniel sp?
Olivia N. John
Flock of Seagulls
Biz Markie
The new Bon Jovi
Duran Duran
Men With Hats

Welcome to the “Holy Grail” of suck:
Journey (OMG!!! they SUCK so fucking bad)

B-52s (The most airheaded monkey-fuck-shit I’ve ever graced my eyes and ears apon)

REO Speedwagon (It’s challenging to be as wussy a pussy and pathetic as this)

Cyndi Lauper (Baaaah!)

STYX (just major crap, SUCKS to the n!th degree!)

Winger (Hey look at my white teeth, I suck so bad)

Nitro (Some of the WORST videos ever and verrry annoying)

Skid Row/ Ratt/ Bad English = Indefinate SUCKIENESS

Menudo (Nosotros suckos muchos!)

Milli Vanilli :rolleyes:

Motley Crue (Aww …they fucking suck too)

Dokken (Even though I like George Lynch’s guitar work they basically sucked)

Rush (Sorry Coldfire, but the majority of their songs suck pretty bad IMO. Don’t think I put Rush last on this list because they don’t suck as much as the others mentioned. They probably do. But anyways I’ll drop it and respect your opinion on them ;))