must you quote the entire fucking post?!

For what it’s worth MeanOldLady, I completely agree. It drives me crazy, especially when the post quoted is a particularly long one, a waste of space.

If you’ve got to pick apart the whole post, quote part of the post, then reply, quote another part, then reply to that and so on and so on.

Just wanted Lady to have at least one serious response, because quoting an entire post is annoying as all hell…

Yeah, but when I edit down someone’s post, they invariable bitch about “Why did you leave out [such-and-such]”? I did it to save bandwidth, dumbass.

Quoting the entire post is retarded, if it is all in one block. But if you break it up into sentences or paragraphs and do a point by point response, then it’s ok with me.

good!

actually, i tried to break it up into pieces, but it didn’t work.
I give up. I am so noncomputerically inclined!

I’ve seen threads where the second poster in the thread quoted the entire OP. Sheesh. You know what - we just read it. Give us credit for being able to retain written material for at least that long, wouldja?

Oh wow, I actually got serious responses. Nice to know that not everybody is a comedian.

BAND NAME!!!

Which, Lottery Time, or Some Kindly Mod?

[sub]The minimalist approach to quoting.[/sub]

Actually, “The Minimalist Approach"

That could make a decent album title, actually.

And to contribute something moderately germane to the OP:
While quoting multiple seperate lines from a post to debate/refute/ridicule them one by one, only one attribution is fine. Or none, in a case where you are quoting the poster directly before you. (And preview is really your friend here, as it will let you know if seven or eight other posters have responded to the thread while you were composing your own reply. And an honest simulpost can still disrupt the hell out this situation.)

When you’re quoting, let’s say, six seperate lines from three different posters, please attribute the individual quotes to the proper posters. This is especially irksome if the posts you are responding to are on a previous page of the thread. It can lead to all sorts of confusion, including the misapprehension that you are an idiot, incapable of distinguishing one poster’s political leanings/stance on the hot button issue at hand from another’s.

[sub]Didn’t think I had that much to say, the first time I posted to the thread. Sorry 'bout that.[/sub]

Oh, the humanity.

I’m guilty as charged.

What about posters that fully quote two or more posts at once?

Quoth the OP:

** Well that’s an entirely different story, of course.

Wah? OP? I thought it was a Raven…?
:confused and exits:

Mistakes happen too, I have done it in error.

Please don’t make me regret not killing myself for doing it. It was an amittedly hard decision but breathing won out.

There there, Thylacine. You have repented and are therefore forgiven.

Sincerely,
God