My baby is sitting up!! (and other pointless mommy rantings)

Yesterday my 6 month old decided it was time to learn to sit up. He did a pretty good job except he looked like an accordian after about 5 seconds. Isn’t it funny how they can be strong enough to rip your hair out but can’t hold themselves up? :confused:
He started fruit last week and has discovered the hillarity of spitting pureed plums at daddy when he’s feeding him. (I TOLD him to put a bin on!!)
Being a stay at home mom is great. You get to sit around in your PJs all day and only have to get dressed and brush your hair right before daddy gets home. Makeup? wazzat? :smiley:
I miss my friends. I would KILL for a 2 hour conversation that doesn’t include BMs, pureed food, spit up or teething issues. I would like to have sex some time before the baby goes to college PLEASE!! :eek: Can we watch something besides the Wiggles and Dora the Explorer? PLEASE?!?!?!?
I love my kids don’t get me wrong. After 15 years of infertility treatments I think I’ve earned the right to love my kids AND bitch about them in the same breath. I KNOW they are precious so PLEASE stop telling me. You don’t know how long I’ve waited for my guys. Or how glad I’m sleep deprived and the house is completely trashed with all their toys. My house is a disaster area, my kids are healthy and I’m COMPLETELY happy. :smiley:

My four (almost five) year old - my oldest - decided that he wanted his hair short and spikey - so we had it cut. Then made Daddy go out and buy him his own hair gel.

My daughter (almost four) - my youngest - got herself ready for bed all by herself last night for the first time without anyone asking because she was tired.

We’re watching Dora the Explorer right now!

Oh and it all starts with sitting up. Next thing you know they are scaling the entertainment center and climbing out windows.

I won’t allow wiggles into the house. No barney or teletubbies either. I’ve been told I’ll cave but I haven’t yet and she’s 2 now!

I’m a lucky SAHM. Hubby works at home so I am never lonely for adult conversation but most of them do involve what mischief the munchkin is into at the moment.

Our house is childproofed like fort knox and the only people thwarted by our efforts are hubby and I.

I’m pretty sure we will be in over our heads when baby number 2 arrives in October but I don’t care :slight_smile:

I didn’t have to wait 15 years for my kids but we went through a lot before we concieved them and 2 isn’t bad for a chick who was told she’d never get pregnant and if she did beat the odds she’d probably have a sickly low birthweight baby and the pregnancy would be hell. (pregnancy isn’t exactly a breeze when your kidneys are already broken but it isn’t hell either and 7 pounds 13 ounces is not low birth weight)

Well, Aaron’s pulling himself up with ease and with alarming frequency. He’s decided that standing is fun. With any luck, he’ll be walking by Labor Day. God help us when he does!

Robin