My birth certificate bond is worth billions?

My brother posted something on Facebook the other day, and, while it seems to be the sort of thing that a lot of paranoid nutters fall for hook, line, and sinker, I’m not even sure of where to start debunking his post, and the comments that follow it. I’m not going to link to his page to protect the identities of the nutjobs involved, but here’s the original post:

Fairly stupid, but seemingly innocuous and benign. The post continues:

And, while some of the comments on this statement are the typical inane ramblings of the far extreme Right with their usual calls for revolution, a few jump out as - in the parlance of our times - having chugged the Kool-Aid like a pledge at a frat party, and I’d love to debunk the whole lot of them, as well. Here are a few of some of my favorites:

Normally I’d just dismiss this nonsense as conspiracy theorists finding something new to get their panties in a wad about. And I realize that the text above comes from WorldTruth.tv, and they’re not really known as a bastion of truth, rationality, and logic. In the comments posted, any emphasis was there already. I didn’t add underlines, italics, boldface, etc. And I left any and all misspellings as they were.

Help me, Dopey-Wan Kenobi…you’re my only hope.

You should do what you normally do. These are Freeman on the Land ramblings. Not strictly right-wing, but definitely high on the crazy.

I don’t know how to dismiss it beyond, “no, your birth certificate is not actually a bond worth billions of dollars, and yes, you do still have to pay your debts with money”.

Look up “sovereign citizen” and “Freeman on the land”. Be prepared to have you brain asplode.

ETA: must type faster

This is not a post that should be set aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force.

(My apologies to Ms Parker)

Ask yourself with who the United States could encorporate itself, since that would need to be a higher entity. Then ask yourself who would want you as collateral. Then ask yourself where that meant you would go if there were a default.

You can also ask if HJR 192 declared bankruptcy (it didn’t) and what bankruptcy could mean for the country and how we got out of it and why if we didn’t nobody in the world seems to care. You could look up the definition of negotiable instruments under UCC Article 3 and see if any of it could possibly apply to birth certificates (it can’t). Really, you could give yourself a good education just by going through it and studying the fake history.

There is so much stupid condensed in this it’s like a rail car full of volatile gases headed for a boulder. The fun comes from standing just far enough back to watch the beautiful fireball that reduces it all to nothingness.

“In point of fact, you should be able to go into any store in America and buy anything and everything in sight, telling the clerk to charge it to your Exemption Account, which is identified by a nine-digit number that you will recognize as your Social Security number, without the dashes.”

Except if you do go into a store and buy everything and tell the clerk to charge it to your Exemption Account, they won’t know what you’re talking about.

The idea that the bankers are keeping your real money secret from you is just silly. If the bankers stole America back in 1933, they don’t need to keep a secret account of your money. They just take it. If the cops are fascist usurpers who have no legal authority to arrest you it doesn’t matter, because they’ll just shoot you anyway.

Let’s say that it really was true that the 16th Amendment authorizing the income tax was never properly ratified, but there’s been a conspiracy since then by the powers that be to pretend that it was. When you go to court and tell the judge you don’t really have to pay your taxes, what’s going to happen? Is he going to admit that the 16th Amendment is fake, or is he going to pretend along with everyone else that the 16th Amendment is in force, and make you pay your taxes anyway?

This is the real craziness of the Freemen. They think the United States has been hijacked by fascists, but if you just explain patiently to the cops and judges what the law really is, the fascists are powerless and will leave you alone. Except in real life fascist judges and cops don’t give a shit what the law says, they arrest you and stick you in prison whenever they feel like it, because THEY ARE FASCISTS. They don’t care what the law says, their authority comes not from the law but out of the barrel of a gun.

This is what tends to happen to people who try to apply the principals in the OP.

Those are as addicting as TV Tropes.

You can’t debunk any of this stuff, because it’s just word salad. I will point out that an EIN is an employer ID number, not an “Exemption Identification Number”, and it’s the corporate equivalent of an SSN. It’s a nine digit number with a dash between the second and third digits.

It’s an extension of the thinking that “the law” is really just a bunch of magic spells, and uttering the right words in the right way can have magic things happen.

In some cases the law seems to work like this. If the cops don’t utter the words, “You have the right to remain silent…” your confession is invalid. When you write your will, you use the formulaic phrase, “I <x> being of sound mind and body…”. It seems natural that someone looking for a way out of a legal situation would look for a “legal magic spell” to help them do it.

God, sir. Only God. And only under an admirality flag.

God’s signature is fire, and you can’t bring fire into court. Even an [nitpick]admiralty[/nitpick] court.

But, but…isn’t that why the fringes are yellow, to represent fire?

This came up in a previous thread.

A Canadian judge who had to deal with a FOTL situation wrote a delightful decision about it. You might not think that reading a long judicial finding could be amusing but it’s just awesome, I recommend taking some time to read the whole thing.

Here’s what the judge had to say in response to Mr. Meads (all punctuational variants included) stuff about those billions of dollars:

"[26] Mr. Meads stated that his birth certificate has an associated bond with large amounts of money that could easily discharge in full the claims advanced by Ms. Meads. He said this Court could order that payment. He then attempted to provide me with an envelope, presumably containing documents. Mr. Meads said the contents of the envelope had been “filed internationally”: a UCC filing, a Canadian filing, a commercial security agreement, an identity bond, “actual and constructive notices”, hold harmless and identity agreements, non-negotiable security agreements, an affidavit of his status, a copyright and trade-mark of his name contract, and definitions of the words used in those documents. “UCC” means the “Uniform Commercial Code”, which is U.S. commercial legislation.

[27] I refused the envelope, and noted that if the envelope was abandoned then I would put those materials in the garbage. I reassured Mr. Meads that I will apply the laws of Alberta and Canada, and that while he is in Court, he will follow the Court’s rules. Mr. Meads’ reply was that was “unacceptable”, and he claimed that the “UCC” is “universal law”."

Representation isn’t the real thing. Just like the U.S. government isn’t the real thing, which is [del]Coke[/del] the International Banking Conspiracy.

Thank you thank you thank you! That was great. I had a rough day yesterday and this cheered me up quite a bit.

Rational Wiki has a long list of Freeman successes in court.

This is the point where you interrupt and say, “Quit being stupid. If you cannot be rational, stop bothering me.” It doesn’t matter if he’s your brother or a total stranger: stupid is stupid.

Far right, far left, middle of the road…I’ve met CTers of all political persuasions. Their one unifying thing is stupidity.

Oh, speaking of Worldtruth.tv, check out the, let’s call it English writing on the “legal disclaimer” section of their site.

The more I read about Freemen, the more I think this is just an elaborate joke conjured up by some pranksters to see how many gullible idiots could swallow such obvious drivel.

That was hilarious.

“Let the record show you have just battered me.”

ZAP

“Aagghhh!”