My brush with American Royalty

Ok, I know some of you hate this gentleman with a passion, but what can I say, I still respect his position. And I just have to scream this one from the rooftops to the world.

This morning, I had the privilege to meet the Honorable Edward Moore Kennedy, Senior Senator from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. He was in town to do a fundraiser for (from what I understand) the mayor of Fall River. He arrived by hellicopter, and we had to watch to pull him out if it crashed. It didn’t crash, so he came out and shook our hands and stood with us for some photos. Then it was off to the fundraiser. He was also a lot shorter than I imagined…I’d put him about 5’6" or so.

What can I say, anyone who can have the record this man has, and still be elected 6 times just has a certain aura around him. It made my day (I’ve been walking about 2’ off the ground all day).

Jeremy…

I can think of no more stirring symbol of man’s humanity to man than a fire engine - Kurt Vonnegut

You should have said something like, “Good thing you were in a hellicopter, what with all those bridges around here…”

Yer pal,
Satan

Which of course is NOT to say the Kennedy’s are any good at piloting aircraft…

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

I didn’t care much for John Glenn’s politics either, but when I met him, I found him to be almost human. No really, he was just a pretty basic guy, down to earth and humble.

In fact there was an article in The World Weekly News back then claiming John Glenn was a space alien. A friend of mine got him and his wife to autograph the article. He had it framned and it’s one of his most prized possesions now.

Dopeler effect:
The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

Shoot, ole Ted’s probably almost human too. However, down to earth and humble would most likely not be used to describe any member of the Kennedy family.