My cat died today

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss . These furry little beings take suce a hold of our hearts , and losing them leaves such a hole . You have my deepest condolences .

Anna

I understand how you are feeling, although it was my 16 year old dog that I had put to sleep yesterday morning (6/15/05 at 7:10am). I did fine all day today until I read your post and started crying.

Your post was great and it was a good cry. Thank you.

I will now go lavish my 2 cats with all the attention they can stand.

Recently I took in a second cat, a well loved, healthy, elderly 15 yr old cat, whose owner had suffered a tragedy and could no longer care for him. He and my other cat are friendly, after only three weeks. New cat(NC) is in fine shape, but how long can he last? I love him already. NC sheds like a son of a gun, but he enjoys being brushed. He curls up in my lap, or on my bed. The time we will have together will be short I fear, but maybe the having of it is worth it.

Pets, they wrap themselves around our hearts, don’t they?

Oh, Bo, I’m so, so sorry. Your story was so touching it made me cry. It sounds like Mao had a long and happy life, thanks to you.

We don’t have cats (family allergies), but I know how you feel. Your post made me cry. I had to go grab my dog out of one of her many beds in my father’s office, where she was keeping him company, just so I could hold her tight and tell her how wonderful she is. That little part about the mushrooms really struck a cord; I’m not sure exactly why.

I am so sorry for your loss. You too, PeachNoMore. :frowning:

And some people say that they are “only” animals. Those will never know what they are missing out on.