My computer goes to sleep 5 different ways

The computer is a couple of years old, a HP EliteDesk 800 G1 SFF with Windows 10 factory installed.

1. Doesn’t go to sleep at all. I get up in the morning and the desktop is showing and ready to go. Doesn’t happen very often - maybe once a month.

2. Screen goes dark but any key press brings back the desktop. This is the “Screen” setting in the Display Dialogue box that I have set to 20 minutes.

3. Screen goes dark and only the space bar wakens it. Then it goes to the Windows login screen where I enter my pin. I guess this is the “Sleep” box I have set to 45 minutes.

4. Screen goes dark and only the space bar wakens it. A nice image of some tropical island, mountain top, field of flowers, etc pops up. Any key press then sends it to the login screen.

5. Screen goes dark and no key press will awaken it. I have to press the power button on the computer. It takes a bit longer to go to the login screen. This is the rarest occurrence, every couple of months. But when it does this it is not time dependent, i.e. I might come back to the computer in less then an hour and it requires the button press.

Try the built-in troubleshoot program.

Settings->Update & security->Troubleshoot->Power