My cycles of bad behaviour

Evidently over the past 6 months or so I have become vastly more inconsiderate. I plan on improving my behavior starting in early April, at which time I also plan to stop sleeping so much. I think we’re going to be getting a new roommate or pet or something at that point, so it seems like a good time to begin reforming my behavior. My wife is also planning on losing around 30 pounds then, I think, as she seems to have started letting herself go over the past 6 months, as well. (No doubt brought on by my inconsiderateness.)

Dang it, this never works for me. The only thing it does is reinforce to my husband (who does not work) that, if he sits on his ass long enough, I’ll finally reach the breaking point and do all the house cleaning myself – and then go to my job.

Apparently my last GF had PMS for the last three months of our relationship.

Advice?

Never come home from a hard day at work at 6pm, prepare dinner for your wife but forget to remind her that you’ve already set the table like you always do. Because she just might come home and decide to start setting the table herself (for no godly reason) only to have you snort laughter when she sees that you’ve already done it, like you always do, and fall into a screaming fit at your lack of consideration to her.

Just admit you are an asshole, and let her accept it.

When preparing for a party, with 12 people invited to your small two-bedroom condo, should you go into the bathroom and notice there are NO – zero – towels present, do not get out a towel and hang it up for your guests to dry their hands. What are you, some kind of idiot?

And it’s even worse if you get several small towels out, or a medium-sized towel that perfectly matches a set of hand towels! No civilized person wants a dry towel to dry his or her hands; if you find it absolutely necessary to get a towel out at all, one tiny, decorative, non-absorbent hand towel will suffice for 14 people to use all night. During flu season.

Sailboat, I certainly hope you were directing that towards my sister.

My parents have more of a clue. Six hand towels for… just me.

Sailboat, you’ve openned a whole nother can of worms when you bring up guest towels. Some of us will never understand those, even if we do eventually learn to never, ever touch them.

Don’t even get me started on the proper placement of throw pillows (turns out they are not to be thown - who knew?)

I’ve had it for the last fourteen years. Just ask my husband. :smiley:

Why on earth do women put so many pillow on the bed? I’m a woman and I don’t even know. You only need one, or if you go really crazy, two. Why six? WHY??? Do women just sleep on top of the pillows?

My poor guy has these horrible callous spells for almost a week each month. I can’t figure out what’s wrong with him. Poor dear.

(If you get calluses you’re doing it wrong.)

But what I really popped in to say was that once my wife and I passed about fifty or so, I quit being such a dick every month. So hang on; your behavior will improve eventually. :smiley:

Oh, and QuercusMax? Your life is about to change, big time. :wink:

Oh I so feel for you.

And I bet when he decided to “help out” and make dinner he peeled the potatoes before the damn carrots…it doesn’t matter HOW MANY times you’ve told him it should be the other way and what the hell even if you actually never said it OUT LOUD even a moron should know, the potatoes take longer to cook so why would anyone with a brain peel the carrots first…there’s only one logical explanation and that is that he’s cooking this way to PISS YOU OFF…what a passive agressive ass and you are a freakin’ saint for putting up with him and if he cared about you he would cook the RIGHT way instead of driving you insane, truly he doesn’t give a crap about you or your relationship.

(Emphasis mine)

You have no idea. You want to talk about a potential relationship killer? Sleep depravation would do it alone, but if your new roommate insists on loudly grousing about his lack of food or bladder & bowel control, it adds a whole new dimension to who should do the f#@#* dishes.

My mom used to unload 8 pillows on and off her bed every time she lay down or got up, for at least 19 years (she probably still is doing it). Decorative pillows can’t have weight on them, see.

Oh, we already have 3 other roommates. They all did what you discussed, but have slowly become more reasonable.

Eh, we already have 3 kids, what’s one more? :smiley:

I want you to get your camera out of my kitchen RIGHT NOW and stop spying on me!

Oh, and please reassess your username.

:smiley: