My daughter (on the spectrum) just bought a case of potato chips

Lay’s made Nashville Hot Chicken flavor from Party Fowl??? What about the originators of Nashville Hot Chicken, Prince’s & Hattie B’s? That’s a travesty. Party Fowl is just a hot chicken bandwagon-jumper.

And I don’t even like hot chicken!

StG

THAT is very clever! :+1:t4:

I’m not a dill nor ketchup chip fan so I’d have to check on that one. Mrs mallard and I prefer “lightly salted” ripple but our kids that moved to the US claim ketchup flavour is hard to find. They’re in the Milwaukee area. Same with “spitz” brand sunflower seeds.

Yep, I checked the U.S. website and the St. Paul plant doesn’t make it. I like the lightly salted Rip’l and the Chive and Onion Rip’l the best. I’ve never found another brand I like as well.

I was not aware that potato chips could be bought individually.

This is why we need that really big wall on the border, to stop the smuggling of dangerous stuff. Sure, they start with ketchup flavored chips but soon it will be poutine and then Molson beer and music by Rush! We could probably make Canada pay for it too.

Not having a kale shortage is self explanatory. Who wants green stuff that tastes like crap when you can buy similar green stuff that tastes good? :leafy_green:

Cheetos.

Just sayin’

Sorry, can someone explain this? Is there actually a shortage? What is the Asia connection?

Sure.

There is a worldwide computer chip shortage, due to various factors related to the pandemic. Most of these are made in factories in Asia.

There is no potato chip shortage, as far as I know.

I really had to wonder why I was thinking that’s normal. Probably because my parents cook in a soup kitchen, so they often buy potato chips by the case. The case of individual serving size bags, not the bigger bags.

Soon after the pandemic started, the local snack food company started offering a gift box with 15 bags of their various offerings. As people weren’t socializing as much, they weren’t eating so much snack food.

I still want to buy one of their boxes, even though we’re still isolating. Looks like fun.

Most chip companies have an assorted box with a variety of individual bags.

Here’s just one of them at Walmart. Party time! :sparkler:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Frito-Lay-Family-Fun-Mix-Snacks-Variety-Pack-18-Count/971503257?findingMethod=wpa

I got ketchup flavored chips once. I was in Lake Placid NY on a ski trip. They were so bad that I ended up putting them on the path to my car over a patch of ice for traction.

I had the Carnitas Street Taco chips, last year, I think. They were delicious and actually did taste like tacos. But as with so many of flavored chips, the first few are really tasty, but if you eat a lot, the potato chip taste underneath overwhelms the layer of taco/pizza/hot sauce taste…BTW, there is a brand of chips made by Herr’s (I often find at a gas station or 7-11) that is similar, they make Baby Back Rib flavor and also Ketchup flavor. Other flavors too, they are available on Amazon.

oh :crazy_face:

I feel like I was whooshed by 20+ posts. Guess I should go hang out with the OP’s daughter…

WHAT?! :open_mouth: This will not end well.

Not to worry.
https://www.amazon.com/Lays-Dill-Pickle-Chips/dp/B005OSS5RS

Oh good, that will help!

Send me your Tabasco Fritos (or chile and cheese) and I will send ya all the Ketchup and All Dressed chips you can handle! :laughing:

If you like Tabasco Fritos, then you probably love pain. Gitchyseff some of these (also made by Frito-Lay):

Don’t recommend you get them from amazon, as they need to be really fresh. Depending on where you live, you may not be able to find them. Here in South Texas they’re everywhere, including at gas station/convenience stores.