My Daughter put ants in the Refrigerator

In our old apartment, ants would make a beeline (antline?) for our freezer. Nowhere else, always there. Needless to say, they didn’t last long, but if we went away on a trip, it wouldn’t be unusual to come back and find our freezer a mass ant graveyard. Weird.

[QUOTE=ArchiveGuy]
In our old apartment, ants would make a beeline (antline?) for our freezer. Nowhere else, always there. Needless to say, they didn’t last long, but if we went away on a trip, it wouldn’t be unusual to come back and find our freezer a mass ant graveyard. Weird.
[/QUOTE]

This makes no sense, biologically. Yet, I have heard many stories like this. Why the hell would ants march into a freezer and certain death???

As for keeping insects in the fridge, I put the silkmoths that I raise in the refrigerator for a few hours (in a paper bag) to slow them down so I can photograph them. My daughters find this to be amusing! Pic!

[QUOTE=CalMeacham]
Yeah, because ants have, like,. the proportional strength of Peter Parker.
But they are persuasive. Just read Hofstadter’s Godel, Escher, Bach.
[/QUOTE]

You sure the queen ant didn’t escape with a couple of THEM breeders? :eek: Keep us posted! :wink: