My Doctor Wants To Put Me On Rituximab, Tell Me About It

I have Auto-Immune Hemolytic Anemia (not cancer, not arthritis; two other conditions treated by this drug). In the past, my hematologist has treated me with oral Prednisone, which gets my HGB levels back to where they belong but makes me irritable, hungry, and feeling like I want to crawl out of my own skin.

Now she says she wants to try a new tactic: Rituximab infusions.

I did some cursory Googling and it appears that the side-effects are minimal, so that’s a plus.

My question* is, is this intended to cure my anemia? Or will it just treat it on an as-needed basis, like Prednisone?

If anyone here has taken, or has prescribed, Rituximab infusions, please let me know, I’m interested in hearing about it. Thanks!

*I was so weak and tired when I was in my hematologist’s office, not to mention rushed, that I didn’t have time to formulate and ask my questions of her directly. Bad, bad patient, I know.

You might check to see if she has an email address and email her your questions.

Did you Google the combination of:
Auto-Immune Hemolytic Anemia Rituximab
https://www.google.com/search?num=100&q=retuximab++Auto-Immune+Hemolytic+Anemia+&oq=retuximab++Auto-Immune+Hemolytic+Anemia