My eyedrops got washed and dried

I left my eyedrops in my pants pocket and through the washer and dryer they went. Are they still safe? Are they still effective? There did not appear to be any leakage into or out of the bottle. The active ingredient is Tetrahydrozoline hydrochloride 0.05% and everything else is, like, salt water.

Were they OTC drops? If so, I’d spend the five bucks and get a new bottle. Why risk your eyes?

Because I’m cheap.

Can you gaurantee that none of the soapy dirty water in the washer leaked into the bottle ? I can’t think of a simple way to test that. If it were just the dryer, I’d say go for it, but soap, possibly proteolytic enzymes, and eyeballs do not play well together.

OK, so I guess my real question is “does heat break down Tetrahydrozoline hydrochloride and if so does it break down into something harmful?” Chemists?

Read the bottle…if it says "do not store above ** degrees, then don’t use it.

I suppose you’re on a computer or phone. Google the brand name, you can find the label.
Unlike 21 years ago. It was tougher.

Or buy a new bottle of eye drops. For real.

The FDA has issued recalls for several brands of Eyedrops in 2023. There’s concern for potential bacterial contamination.

I wouldn’t risk potential contamination from a washing machine.