My gift to you (wonderful holiday music)

Here in Chicago it’s early Christmas morn, and here’s a present. If anyone wants to raid this directory, you’ll find some wonderful gems, some oddballs, and some that deserve to be true classics. Everything’s out of print, as far as I know. Enjoy!

A note:

A CHORAL CHRISTMAS was a concert performed at the Glenn Gould Theater in Toronto, Canada on December 3, 1993. The show featured:

Jane Siberry
Holly Cole
Victoria Williams
Mary Margaret O’Hara
Rebecca Jenkins
and
Tim Ray on piano

An edited version of this concert was broadcast on December 25 & December 26, 1993 by the CBC in Canada. Later still, a CD called Count Your Blessings was released. It contained some songs that had been cut out of the radio broadcast, but didn’t have some songs that were in the radio broadcast. Much of the between-song patter is deleted from the the CD too. Songs marked with a + are not on the CD.

A Choral Christmas

• It Came Upon A Midnight Clear (hummed as Jane introduces the show)
    Un Flambeau, Jeanette Isabella (all)
    In The Bleak Mid-Winter (all)
    Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (Victoria solo)
  • Wildwood Carol (Jane solo)
    I’ll Be Home For Christmas (Rebecca solo)
    Deck The Halls (Holly solo)
    A Holy Thing (Victoria solo, her song)
    Are You Burning Little Candle? (all, Jane song)
    Count Your Blessings (all take turns soloing)
    Please Come Home For Christmas (Holly solo)
    What Is This Fragrance Softly Stealing (Mary Margaret solo)
  • The Wassail Song (all)
    Silent Night (all)
  • We Wish You A Merry Christmas (all)
    These are songs that were sung at the concert, but they were not included in the CBC broadcast. Those marked with an * are on the Count Your Blessings CD:

Little Drummer Boy (Holly solo)
Everything I Wish For You (all, Mary Margaret O’Hara song)

• White Christmas (Mary Margaret solo)
  • Carol Of The Bells (all)
    Patapan (all)
  • Never No (Mary Margaret solo, her song)

If you’re confused, the point is, you need both the radio show and the CD. This is great great stuff, and way too woefully obscure.

Treat yourself. Please listen to these songs.

Wow, Equipoise! Thanks for sharing! Great stuff!

Is this material not covered by copyright? If so, sharing it is a violation of law in the United States.

Unfortunately, lack of availability doesn’t remove the copyright protection from live or pre-recorded performances. I’ve removed the link and am closing the thread.