My god...they're relentless

I am so glad that my bosses are understanding when I can’t come into work because of snow and/or ice. No matter how much I pretend my car has all wheel drive or anti-lock brakes or traction control, it really doesn’t.

I do; however, really hate the one technician in the office who has a Ford Explorer, and thinks that she can drive in anything. No matter what the weather, she will show up for work, and she will bother the doctors (at home) calling and calling and calling to see if she can open the office. That snowstorm on the East Coast that happened last week–the one that dropped several feet of snow on the ground–yeah, she was out in that. It was a fucking snow emergency and she was driving around and into work, calling the doctor at home (who lives 1/2 hour away from the office) bugging him to come in to “see emergencies.” He did come in, but only to get her to stop calling at home. Stupid bitch ass ho.

Please keep in mind that 4 wheel drive only means getting stuck in even harder to access areas…

Full disclosure: I live in North Texas, and have for most of my life, even though I was born in that most cold of states, Washington.

A few years ago, I was in Maine in July. All they could talk about on the radio and the news and in casual conversation was how damn HOT it was going to be. I mean, they were expecting it to be HOT, like perhaps the flames of Hades were soon to be licking their fair land, melting their buildings, and withering their crops and children.

The expected high that day? 93 degrees F.

Jeez, it gets that hot in Texas in the spring!

Ok, so it may be fun to watch Texas people deal with icy conditions. But it’s a lot more fun to listen to Northern people bitch when the temp gets above 90.

Yup.I will agree with that. My grandmother,who lives in east Tennessee,throws a fit when it gets above 80. To me that’s cold enough to wear sweatpants.:smiley:

IDBB

Bah, it gets warm enough in To in the summer. I got me an a/c just for my bedroom (we don’t have central anything). I keep it on all night and keep my room nice and cold (I need to sleep in the cold).

I hate the heat more than the cold though. Cold you can fix with more clothes, heat requires an a/c.

It’s not the snow I mind, it’s the ice. I can DRIVE in snow, but this ice melts a teensy bit and then refreezes, slicker than ever. And, of course, we don’t have the equipment to de-ice the roads, as this is a rare occurence for us. It makes fiscal sense. I mean, in my own wardrobe, I don’t have really cold weather gear, if I must be out in below freezing temps I just wear layers. I’m not about to buy a coat that I only wear every fifth year or so!

Still and all, I AM going stir crazy, and this freeze has cost the whole area a lot of money.

And bosses who insist that employees risk an accident to come to work are the wienies.

Damn, here in NO. California, it’s been be-YOO-tiful. High’s in the upper 60’s, lows in the lower 50’s. My idea of PERFECT weather…

Suka’s… :slight_smile:

I agree,Lynn. Especially when said employees like yours truly live in the middle of NOWHERE where sand trucks are a rare breed and it’s trechearous to leave home even in something as simple as a heavy storm because the roads tend to wash out.
Besides…we didn’t hardly do ANY business those three days.I’m just glad it’s over with.

IDBB