My iPad 2 just crapped out

The touch screen no longer swipes right to activate. Has anybody else encountered this? Is it worth getting repaired?

Have you reset it?

Or even just power-cycled it, even before you reset it. Sometimes, that’s all that’s needed.

I’ll try the power cycle. I won’t be able to reset it without getting past the password.

I’m pretty sure you’ll get a password prompt after turning it back on, but you’ll know soon enough.

Have you updated to ios 10? You no longer swipe to wake it up; just press the home button.

Twoflower is correct, there is no swiping to turn it on, just push the home button.

If that doesn’t work, hold down the power button and the home button at the same time to reboot the iPad. Wait until the Apple symbol appears, and then let go of the buttons.

The iPad 2 doesn’t support iOS 10, though, so if this is the case, he’s got something else.

Power cycled, reset. It works for a minute and then locks up again before turning itself off.

I googled this before I posted, and I looked at this website:

http://ios10guide.com/ios-10-compatibility-which-devices-support-ios-10/

It indicates the iPad 2 is compatible, and I mistakenly trusted that information.

I should have checked Apple as well, it lists the 4th generation iPad as the only one left of that model to be compatible. Sorry for the bad info.