My manure is cooler than your manure

info on the Woodland Park Zoo’s ZooDoo. Apparently they sell small amounts all year long, and have a bi-annual “Fecal Fest” where they sell, well, shitloads.

Not hockey, football. Weren’t you reading the posts just above yours?

Oh, crap.

Sorry. In my family we never have forgiven the Giants for leaving New York. :slight_smile:

That just goes to show. I’ve finally managed to hijack a thread, and it’s a thread full of shit.

But it’s really great shit.

Thread shitting apparently welcome here.

A cautionary word to exotic dung enthusiasts:

It’s not a great idea to till the fresh stuff into your garden, even if you don’t mind personal contact with it and you don’t have a dog that’ll roll in it.*

Fresh manure can burn plants. Much better to compost it first.
I don’t think rat shit qualifies as coming from an “herbivore”. At least, based on what I remember of the movie Ben.
*Rolling in exotic poop is nirvana for your average canine.

A cautionary word to exotic dung enthusiasts:

It’s not a great idea to till the fresh stuff into your garden, even if you don’t mind personal contact with it and you don’t have a dog that’ll roll in it.*

Fresh manure can burn plants. Much better to compost it first.
I don’t think rat shit qualifies as coming from an “herbivore”. At least, based on what I remember of the movie Ben.
*Rolling in exotic poop is nirvana for your average canine.

Aww. There used to be dotcom websites for both zoodoo and zoopoo, both of which marketed zoo manure materials. Sad that the market could not bear it.

I forget which one focused on dried zoo manure pressed into small garden statuettes. Plonk them in the garden and they were supposed to release nutrients and eventually erode away. Some were marketed as appropriate for business appreciation gifts. Instead of giving your employees BS certificates, you could give them ZS statuettes.

Now that I no longer have the ability to conjure zoo poo through the forces of the internet, I must envy levdrakon. Grow on, levdrakon, grow on.

A circus went through town once, and there was a quote from the circus manager on the news and in the newspaper.

“Gardeners are welcome to come and collect the dung from our animals. They’ll make more!”

Most barns have quite large manure piles, the middle of which is nicely composted, though I usually left it in bags for a while to compost some more, and would work it into the garden after cleaning it up in October.

My canine used to love to roll in horrible things he found in the school field where he walks, but discovered that this inevitably led to showers with the garden hose outside, something he is not fond of.

Please state your intentions more clearly sir! (Ma’am?)

I fear I must request Dung Beetle do the same.

I bow before your superior shit.

Please tell me that they do not advertise this big sale as a “poop blowout”? This is not a term we like to hear at the veterinary hospital.

Ewwww. I take it that it means the same thing as “explosive cat” means to me. :eek:

Yes, but who could resist a “Fecal Fest?”