My memory is going, I can feel it...

Today I went to the bank to transfer some money for a purchase. I gave the clerk my ATM card and was asked to input the PIN number. I couldn’t remember the number! I thought it was because it was an unfamiliar keypad, so I went to the ATM I use all the time. I still couldn’t remember. I typed in the wrong number a few times and now the card is dead. An hour later I still can’t remember. (I remember one number but it’s the one the same one I tried and didn’t work)

Ever had something like that happen? I’m not sure whether to laugh or worry. Maybe I’ve been going on 6 hours/night of sleep for too long… I’m not even 30 yet, am I going senile?

Yes, you are. And what was it we talked about last weekend? :wink:

You know a friend once told me that a certain percentage (would you believe I can’t remember what percent it is?) of 17-35 year olds start getting alzheimers. I person

You know a friend once told me that a certain percentage (would you believe I can’t remember what percent it is?) of 17-35 year olds start getting alzheimers. I know she’s just trying to worry me because of my terrible memory but still… :wink:

I had that exact thing happen to me last year, and I’m 23. For about four weeks I just couldn’t remember my PIN number. I walked up to an ATM and… nothing. I had a complete blank on it. Then, one day it simply popped back into my head. It baffled me.

Don’t you use something that is easy for you to remember?

The number I use (used) is part of an address I had long ago, doesn’t mean anything to me anymore.

I also can’t remember the last time I slept more than 6 hours. That may be the result of the amnesia/senility, or the cause.

The exact same thing happened to me…I tried every number combination, went home to search for that little paper they send you…of course I couldn’t find it…finally had to have them send me my PIN again. I put it down to having to memorize another phone number…it’s like there wasn’t room in my brain for one more freakin’ number, and I felt something slip away, and it was my PIN. Why I can’t forget my friend Kim’s phone number from 1973 instead is another mystery.

Please tell me I’m not the only one who looked at this thread title and thought: “Daisy, Daisy…” :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually I was hoping someone would.

Good to know I’m not the only one who had this happen though, looks like I’m in good company.

p.s. I must say it’s a bit disconcerting to have a doper as a prospective employer… I guess I need to watch what I post!

I lost my car in two different parking lots this morning. Picture me scurrying around, trying to find the one dull red Ford that is mine, muttering, “This wasn’t funny when it happened at Vons!”.

My PIN is the last four of my phone # in Pittsburgh. In Pittsburgh, it was the last four of my # in Santa Fe. In Santa Fe, I didn’t use the card.

Let’s see…

Today, I had some errands to run. I went to the supermarket to return some nasty Atkins bars. I got a gift card (for store credit), the receipt, and my driver’s license handed back to me. I put the gift card in the right place in my wallet. I then went to the bank to cash a check. Couldn’t find the license. Went back to the supermarket, asked the clerk if she had my driver’s license, and she said she handed it back to me all at once. I looked in the part of my wallet where I keep receipts, and yup, there was the license.

THEN, I go to the post office to mail some packages. I fill everything out, bring it to the counter, hand the guy the packages and start to walk out. DUH! I paid the guy and left. I left my car keys on the table where I’d written out the labels and put the packages together. I come back in, claim my keys, and go get my parents’ PO box keys from the car. Then, I go check my parents’ post-office box. I forgot the number. I only had to check one box before getting the right one.

I think the name for this is gravid senility…

Robin