My Mom is cool

My Mom has some clients in Vermont, and she recently went back there for about 10 days to check up on them. Today I got a package in the mail that’s become kind of traditional.

When I was very young, we lived in Connecticut. We did a fair amount of traveling and summer sightseeing, and my sister (3 years younger than me) and I loved when we ended up in Vermont because it meant it was maple time. We would stock up on real maple syrup and best of all, real maple sugar candy.

I hadn’t had any for prolly 30 years when my Mom first got this client, but now she sends me a bit of candy whenever she goes back there, so I’ve had it a few times in the last couple of years. This time she sent this note:

And I just had to laugh, because I know that she sent the same card to my niece and nephews… word for word the same! And my niece is only 5 years old :smiley: I’m going on 39, and she still knows “how much” I like candy! lol I do like this candy, because it’s a special-not-available-all-the-time kind of thing, but I thought the note sounded funny. <chuckle> Ah well, I’m not complaining, mind you… it took me forever to convince her that just because I was over 18 didn’t mean that I didn’t want (and expect) toys for Christmas. :smiley:

Anyway, just thought I’d share my laugh (but not my candy!).

Aren’t Mom’s great? Until I lost my mom when I was 28, I got at least one toy every Christmas. One year (1980) I got an original Xavier Roberts “Little People” doll. I still have her.