My new favorite totally awesome Chinese recipe

Saturday night, my 5 year old asked for Chinese food. Well, I was making pot roast instead so the little bugger had to wait. My husband decided to try cooking a “real” Chinese recipe (instead of just my generic stir-fry), as opposed to buying $30 worth of mediocre delivered stuff, and found this one here All I can say is WOW. We cut back on the hot peppers, due to the presence of little ones and served it with brown rice (because we like it better). Between two adults and two kids we barely had any leftovers at all. The only thing I asked him to change for next time was adding a little more orange juice. It was amazing stuff. Yeah, it took every bit of an hour but really was worth it.

Wow, this looks yummy! And we happen to have a surplus of boneless, skinless chicken thighs in our freezer. I think I sense Chinese food in our near future. . .

I’d use brown rice, too. :slight_smile:

I’ll have to try that at some point. Allrecipes cracks me up, though. Every recipe has the same response - dozens of comments along the lines of “Great recipe! Here’s what we changed…”

Epicurious comments tend to read:

I love the Allrecipes ones that are more like (and I actually read this one once) “I liked it, but I changed ____ because my husband will not eat white foods.”