My New Snowblower Is AWESOME!

No, that’s the ‘external plumbing hookup’. Or ‘power takeoff’, depending on the situation.

I don’t think the wovel would have dealt well with the shit we had today – four inches of snow, then a layer of ice from the freezing rain, then another four inches of snow on top of that. Shoveling it was teh suxxor. I kept hoping our neighbor who, while out with his snow thrower, would take pity on us laboring away. Didn’t happen.

You could have walked over and talked to him you know. An on the spot hire.

I could have, but he’s no spring chicken and does all manner of nice, neighborly things for us all the time. I think he’d have been insulted if I’d offered to pay him. :slight_smile:

What I should have asked him was if I could borrow his snow thrower!

Don’t be offended if you ask to borrow someone’s snow thrower and they say no. They’re fairly dangerous if you don’t handle them correctly. Safety glasses, never try to clear a jammed chute with your hands (lots of ER visits and amputated fingers from this), never direct snow towards people or anything else you don’t want to hit with a jagged piece of ice at 120 mph. I’d be reluctant to lend mine to anyone who I wasn’t certain was very safety conscious.

Oh yeah, snow throwers are the best. Mine’s about 10 years old, and developing some engine problems. I’m heartsick over it.