My opinion on everyone else's opinion.

I don’t know what made me think about this today, but it’s been in the back of my mind ever since I started frequenting message boards of any sort.

Opinion/Story Threads. You see these threads all the time… Hell, we have two forums here practically dedicated to just that. But, here’s the thing that bothers me about them: It seems that no one ever reads anyone elses opinion or story. It seems as if everyone just sees the OP, posts their opinion/story and leaves.

I’m guilty of this too. For instance, I read the Online Relationships thread today… Good thread… but I got down to about story number 2 and just posted my own and forgot about it. I made no effort to learn about any of my fellow posters, or to comment on their own experiences.

What’s up with that?

So, here’s my declaration: From now on, when time permits, I’m gonna read and try to understand everyone’s opinions/stories in a paticular thread and possibly comment
on some of them.

Just so people know that if no one else is… I’m paying attention to them.

I’m not asking anyone else to do the same. It’s just something I decided to do. You know, that whole golden rule thing?

Yeah. :slight_smile:

Oh yeah… I guess I should link to the thread I refernced.

I’m sorry… I’m a moron.

Online Relationships