My poor kitty is sick :(

We have 4 kitties but Friday night our littlest kitty, Gabby, started throwing up. We cleaned it up with no real thought to it… cats vomit a lot. Well she continued to yack, so Sunday she stayed at the vet. Turns out she’s got a bowel obstruction and was going to have surgery today except when they put in the catheter & IV for surgery she bled too much and wouldn’t clot. Now we wait for more bloodwork.

sigh I miss my kitty and hope they figure this out… I also needed to share this somewhere! MPISMS seemed apt. (although she’s not mundane to me)

Of course she is not mundane! But MPSIMS is where all the news of family and personal illnesses and travails seem to end up.

All the best to your little one.

goodness, i hope things work out. winken the wonderful, nod the naughty, and malenka the miraculous will cross their paws for little gabby.

::sending “get well soon, little kitty” vibes in your direction::

((( tanookie and Gabby )))

Hope Gabby gets well soon.

Keep us posted. My owners Tobermory and the Road Warrior tell me to send their best wishes. I do too.

Hang in there! I hope little Gabby is okay.
Noel, Misty, Gypsy, Buffy and Piper Grace all send their love.

Rico, our fur kids ~ Shae, Pearl, and Duffy and I send our best wishes, prayers, good thoughts positive energy, hugs, whatever you and Gabby are in need of.

Please keep us informed.

As an owner of 2 cats myself, I sincerely wish you and your kitty the best. Do they have any idea what the obstruction is? I imagine it’s most likely a hairball, which any competent vet should be able to surgically remove it relatively easily provided she doesn’t have a clotting disorder. Can they remove the obstruction non-invasively (ie laxatives and enemas?).

As an owner of 2 cats myself, I sincerely wish you and your kitty the best. Do they have any idea what the obstruction is? I imagine it’s most likely a hairball, which any competent vet should be able to surgically remove it relatively easily provided she doesn’t have a clotting disorder. Can they remove the obstruction non-invasively (ie laxatives and enemas?).

Kobii and I send our best wishes and prayers and a catnip mouse for when your baby gets home, safe and sound and HEALTHY!!!

Sending tons and tons of kitty glow your way, tanookie. :frowning:

Jumping in here…

They haven’t said what it is - but they said it was roughly the size of the end of your thumb. She isn’t a long haired cat and hasn’t had trouble with hairballs before but that could be it. She really isn’t the kind of cat that usually eats strange things and since we have a 21 month old kid we make sure that small things are kept far away. Hopefully we’ll know what it is after the surgery (if they can do it) so we can figure out where it came from.

The clotting thing is kind of a surprise - she’s been fixed and had no problem with that so whatever the problem is it wasn’t present then. So it is either new or a side-effect of whatever else is going on with her.

I’m not sure how much they’ve tried non-invasively - they had to give her barium to find out where the obstruction was in the X-ray and that is just all blocked up before that point. The pressure of that doesn’t seem to be helping to move anything. She is a pretty small cat - only about 7 pounds - so I think that might limit some of their options.

Hopefully we’ll get more news (and good news) from the vet this morning. crossing fingers

Thanks for all the good thoughts everyone. :slight_smile:

(((((((((kitty prayers and hugs)))))))))))))))

Poor little kitty. Prayers to her and a speedy recovery.

((((((((((kitty prayers and hugs))))))))))))))))))))

tanookie,
Awe :frowning: I hope she gets well soon!

I would avoid playing with your pussy until well after the surgery.

Bast watch over your little one.

Just an update for all of you who wished our kitty well.

Gabby had surgery and unfortunately there wasn’t a foreign body obstruction. It seems she has enlarged lymph nodes that are most likely kitty lymphoma. We’re going to bring her home tomorrow and try to get her to eat and be comfortable while we wait for the toxicology on her lymph nodes/intestinal tissues.

Oh dear. Poor little Gabby.

It sounds like she’s got good people, though. If I were you, I’d spoil her outrageously for the time being. (As if you probably weren’t already. g)

Oh dear. I’m sorry to hear that–but please, don’t give up hope. Wait and see what the lab work shows. Also, they can do some pretty amazing things with immunostimulants and, believe it or not, chemotherapy for animals. Out of curiosity, how old is your cat?