My rage burns with the fire of a million suns.

I thought I was all raged out after I started this thread on Friday night. Apparently, I was wrong. My rage has festered inside of me. It started as a small ball of rage – more of a small ball of annoyance, really – but it grew, like one of those bugs that got inside that guy on that one Star Trek episode, and it grew and made him do things and everyone thought he was evil but there was just a bug inside of him? It’s just like that.

To White Castle.
Oh, you knew this was coming; yes, you did. You’ve suckered me into those doors one time too many. At first it was just one of those combo meals for lunch. Combo #1, four hamburgers, fries, and a Coke. Innocuous enough, right? WRONG. It’s the first step in your master plan. From there, it was a short step to trying the chicken with cheese, fish with cheese, and turkey with cheese sandwiches. You got me hooked on getting two chicken with cheeses on the way to work – after all, you’re trying to be convenient, what with your “open 24 hours” deal.

It got worse, as you very well know. It was yet another short step to getting the sack of ten, and taking it home for supper plus leftovers. And then my roommate succumbed, and would convince me to go with him while we each got a sack of ten. I’d suffer for it, but it’d be worth it. It was a trial. It was a conquest.

Even when you began selling the 20-pack, with four fries, for a measly $10, I still didn’t waver. You had applied the blinders of steam-grilled hamburgers to my eyes. I thought it was a bargain.

However, you went too far. Much like Icarus and Daedalus, your ambition stretched beyond the bounds of sanity. You couldn’t be satisfied with the sack of ten, or the 20-pack. You had to begin selling THE CASE OF THIRTY.

Thirty hamburgers. Oh, no, not sold in three sacks, like you’d expect, but given to the customer in a BOX. Six burgers wide, five burgers deep, one layer, with the White Castle logo on the top. And my roommate, poor, poor Tyler, had no self control. He demanded that we invest in this atrocity. Invest is the only appropriate word – this represented the gross national product of several Third World countries. What could I do? He owed me ten bucks, and said that he’d pay for the whole thing. Never being one to pass up a free meal, I acquiesced. However, I was apprehensive - we were about to embark on a journey of epic proportions. Some people scale Mt Everest. Some people ski across Antarctica. When asked why, they reply, “Because it was there.” Why did we endeavour to eat thirty hamburgers? Because they were there.

T minus 10 burgers. We have each had five. I feel a bit queasy. No more than normal, though; this is par for the course.

T minus 16 burgers. Much like a champion marathon runner, I hit the wall. I could go no further. However, much like a champion marathon runner, I got my second wind, and continued the feeding.

T minus 20 burgers. Tyler and I have finished two thirds of the case. He’s lying on his side on the floor moaning incoherently; I’m trying to focus my eyes on the table and keep my balance. We refuse to admit defeat. Tyler crawls back into his chair. I grab a hold of the table until the room stops spinning.

T minus 26 burgers. Only four remain. I wonder if we can finish. Tyler asks if our objective is to kill ourselves. I reply that this is a test of the toxic threshold, and to continue eating. This is for the good of science.

T minus 28 burgers. One lone burger sits in front of each of us. Tyler can’t feel the left side of his body. My stomach and intestines have declared open war against me, and to hell with the Geneva Conventions – they’re using gas. I tilt to the side and relieve some of the pent-up pressure. Tyler asks if he has to swallow his burger, or if it counts if he just gets it into his mouth.

T minus 30 burgers. The journey is over. Tyler begins to cry. Through the whimpers, I can make out the words, “It hurts, it hurts, oh, god, it hurts.” I decide that I’ll just sit on the floor for a minute. After all, Laura is about to arrive, and then it’s off to bed.

Fifteen minutes pass. Tyler hasn’t moved from his fetal position on the floor. I have maintained consciousness, focusing my mind on the fact that soon I will be snuggling in bed with my girlfriend.

Laura arrives. She looks at Tyler, comatose. She sees me, slumped against the wall. She sees the carnage on the dining room table.

“I’m going to bed. You’re sleeping on the couch tonight. I’ll see you in the morning.”

White Castle, you go to hell.

Oh my god…that’s the funniest thing I’ve read in a long, long time…

“It hurts, it hurts, oh, god, it hurts.” Bahahaaaaa…

Ya know, the above quotation is an amazing coincidence!

They said the exact same thing on an episode of Sailor Moon!

LNO: are you “cribbing”? :smiley:

My only exposure to Sailor Moon comes from Barenaked Ladies:

And lest ye think that my rage is mellowing, anime babes will be called out at some future point. (I believe that’ll be the ‘hot chick links’ that everyone’s looking for.)

Can I be one your brain dead monkey co-worker?

You get free beer from work and you have rage?
Where do you work?! Send me an application!!!

I swear to god, I am never, EVER reading your shit at work again.
EVER!
It’s been a few minutes since I read this, and it’s taken that long to regain any typing ability- had I been at home, I know for a fact I would have pulled a Tyler and still been not moving…
Fuckin go you!

Do the anime one on a Friday evening, uh? That way, one doesn’t have to suck up the inevitable pain, dislocated ribs etc and try to present a god face to one’s coworkers, has two days to recover…I would be ever so grateful…

Oh god, I’ve got tears in my eyes from laughing. You ROCK, LNO my friend. You are a blessing unto the Teeming Millions. Your bile-spewing corpus collosum shall be carefully extracted from your skull upon death and set into HydroGel and cast and then re-cast in Bronze and said casting shall be fitted into a Lexan display case in the lobby of the Chicago Reader and will be lit with indirect yet visually appealing lighting as ** A FUCKING SHRINE TO ALL THINGS BILIOUS AND ACID-SPEWING **.

I’ve pretty much followed your logic here. I do have a few thoughts, however.

1. If Jerry Falwell married Shari Lewis and then she divorced him and slept with Tommy Lee, who was just breaking up with Davey Jones, would that make her Shari Jerry Tommy Lee Jones? And, would her sock puppet look like Jesus Christ, instead of one of the lambs? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

2. When I can’t find an all night pharmaecopia, and am a bit constricted, I find a White Castle. They seem to have been put on this earth as God’s 46% Whole Beef Laxatives. Talk about yer bile :stuck_out_tongue:

Humbled before your pH balance, I remain your humble bitter fucking servant,

Cartooniverse
p.s. there isn’t a tablet of Prilosec big enough to handle you. Thank god.

You seemed like such a nice quiet guy at Hooters, but now I can see you are a festering entanglement of rage! Woe to him who awakens the ire of LNO! Me, well I’m saving all my inner anger to battle this damn parking ban. “stupid, good for nothin, jibber jabber. . .”

FTR, untill you brought up the whole Jerry Lewis vs. Jerry Lee Lewis, I had no idea they were separate people either. Although, my ignorance didnt have the dire consequences that you experienced. Thanks for saving me from such a fate.

and a heartfelt **fuck you LNO. You bastard. That has to be the funniest shit I’ve read in a long time. Thanks.

later, Tom.

I wish I were a feared lieutenant, but only having studied with her for my undergrad work, I’ll always be a noncom.

But…I am starting to become afraid. Very afraid. See, I want to go back to Columbia. But not in the history department. Problem is, I can’t just resign my commission, 'coz I don’t exactly have one. So I’m just defecting to the Comparative Literature department, and I am beginning to fear for my life.

racerx, I too was fooled by LNO’s demeaner.

Little did I know that inside this calm, mild mannered person across the table from me, burned a raging inferno.

I thought that the redish orange glow in his eyes was the reflection of the HOOTERS waitresses shirts. Now I know better.

You know, it’s always the quiet ones. They just simmer, and simmer until one day…BLAM!!!

LNO I’m glad you shared your rage with us, it’s some of the funniest shit I’ve read here.:slight_smile:

Keep up the good work.

Thank you, LNO, for mucho yuks.

Confession: Until embarrassingly late in life, I thought James Dean and Jimmy Dean [the sausage guy] were one and the same. (didn’t know about James Dean dying and all… I just thought he aged, became a has-been sold out to be a spokesperson for a meat product)

GEEZ, that Jerry Lewis-Jerry Lee Lewis mixup made my day.

HEY HEY HEY!

What the hell is this? Are you stealing MY joke? Cause we just can’t have that, now can we?

threatening glare

CAN we?

LNO, honey, you are one of the people I’ll miss after I move. Keep up the good work and have another case of White Castle for me :smiley:

Robin

You wuss! Can’t even handle 15 White Castle burgers in a single sitting. Hell, I probably weigh about as much as a typical supermodel but I don’t get all whiney after a dozen or so hamburgers!
I nearly lost consciousness because of you LNO. I laughed so hard, I banged my head on the coffee table. Be sure you keep up with the antics. We ought to be able to make a television sitcom out of you. You need to be a comedy writer!
[ul]
“My stomach and intestines have declared open war against me, and to hell with the Geneva Conventions – they’re using gas.” *
[/ul]
That’s going to be in my head for years. When I’m seventy, and you see start laughing for no discernable reason, that’s why!
[ul]
“Goodness gracious great balls of HEY LAAAAAAADY!”*[/ul]
Instant Classic!

Oh, dear lord…

The first rant had me giggling like an idiot, but the second! Oy! That was beautiful! I am so glad I was at home and not at the computer lab.

Most of my rage is dissipating, though, after all the great comments, and the fact that this thread is about to hit a thousand views and two pages. That qualifies it as a success in my eyes. Therefore, I have no rage about the SDMB, except for the following obligatory comment:

You goat-felching donkey-raping shit-eating sons of Dutch whores, how DARE you close my thread! I’m coming after you. Each and every one of you. I’ll start with John Corrado in the Diplomacy game, oh, he doesn’t expect the betrayal that was put into place four turns ago. Then Alphagene and Lynn, and then the other mods and administrators. You’re all on THE LIST.

There we go - the pre-emptive rage for when this thread inevitably dies.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled rant.

To Chris Carter and the X-Files.
It started off so well, what, eight, nine years ago? Weekly episodes, a slowly-developing long-term story arc, the budding relationship between Scully and Mulder; you thought had it made. Your series was a success. You were the toast of the town: Mayor Giuliani gave you the keys to New York, and women threw their panties at you. And if they didn’t, they should have. Hell, if I were a woman, I’d have thrown a week’s worth at you.

You were like Elvis, in that respect. Young, strong, full of vigor. But success went to your head, and like Elvis, you’re doomed to die on the toilet – or in your case, with your ratings in the toilet. Allow me to enumerate the reasons why I’m calling you out, starting with the least offensive and moving to the reason why I want you to be publicly crucified while syphilitic dogs gnaw on your feet. And even then, you’ll think you’ll doing pretty good, knowing what will come next.

1. No full frontal nudity. C’mon, that’s all I ask. You’re on FOX, after all – what better place? You had your COPS spinoff episode, which was great. Why not the Temptation Island spinoff episode? The simple fact that you won’t do this, especially when you’re already on the best network for it, means that you have no balls. Rocky Mountain Carter, that’s what they’re selling in the fine restaurants in New York.

2. You didn’t go with Bruce Campbell for Mulder’s replacement. Instead, we’ve got the liquid metal Terminator. Though, yes, this does allow for many jokes of “Have you seen this boy?” and “Get out.” and various other quotes from the movie, these PALE in comparison to the possibilities offered by Bruce Campbell. The very fact that you passed him over means that my one goal in life is to shove sausages down your throat and shove starving dogs up your ass.

I mean, look at it. Bruce Campbell played Ash in Army of Darkness. How cool would it have been to hear him say:

Good, bad; I’m the guy with the anal probe.

1. You tried to go too far with your long-term story arc. Conspiracies are fun. Alien conspiracies are sort of weird. Alien hybrid conspiracies are just starting to get bizarre. As someone with a Real Life[sup]TM[/sup] I was unable to watch every episode of every season, so when Mister Evil Government Agent comes out of the shadows, I’ve got no idea what the hell is going on. Yeah, I know you’re trying to placate the 42-year-old virgin comic book store owners who live with their mothers, but not everyone watches every episode.
    (Apologies to all 42-year-old virgin comic book store owners who live with their mothers. No offense intended. Still, worst job ever.)

2. It wouldn’t have been all THAT bad, though. My girlfriend, who was a rabid X-Phile for several years, offered to watch all of the episodes with me, in order, and explain to my poor little brain just what the hell was going on.

Sample transcript of our dialogue during a sample episode:
Me: What the hell? Is that guy an alien bounty hunter? What’s the deal with alien bounty hunters, anyway?
Her: No, that’s a government agent, but he’s working for the aliens, but he’s actually giving Mulder information so he can slow the aliens from taking over the earth.
Me: Ok, so he’s the same guy from the other episode who was supposed to kill Scully but gave her information instead so they could try to stop the conspiracy?
Her: No, that guy WAS an alien bounty hunter, and wanted to kill Scully but the Cigarette Smoking Man was controlling his mind, and HE wanted to help Scully.
Me: Cigarette Smoking Man is an alien bounty hunter?
Her: Shut up and watch the show.
Me: Whimpers.

You see why I need help. This was going to be promising. Hours upon hours upon hours of snuggling, all the while FINALLY understanding what was going on all of those years. But then you started to suck, and suck hard. Oh, god, you sucked, and you wouldn’t stop sucking. There’s good kinds of sucking, but this was the suckiest bunch of sucking that ever sucked. Damn wiener episodes.

And what happened? Laura lost all interest in the X-Files. She wrote it off. She’s gotten hooked on the West Wing instead.

I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT SNUGGLING GODDAMNITALL.

Chris Carter, you go to hell.

Yes, I’m aware that most of my seething rage ultimately derives from denied snuggling. I need a daily snuggle or I end up a boiling cauldron of anger. No one wants that, I guess.

Flymaster! Just catching up on this thread and I HATE people who chime in with a joke that’s already been done. Your first comment must have completely whooshed me as I scrambled to respond to LNO’s mixup in kind. (I really DID think that, though, really)

Jerry Lee Lewis Jones is conspiring with Tyler to control the Earth with the mind control drugs in White Castle burgers. Why hasn’t youre girlfreind told you this?