My roommate broke my stuffed animal

I know that a stuffed animal isn’t a very good reason to start a Pit thread, but I’m really annoyed with this. At an anime convention I bought a cute little stuffed animal. It had a loop on top of its head so I hung it on my dresser. He has to walk by this every time he comes in the room and has a habit of punching it. After telling him not to, he punched it again and the string got caught on the dresser. The string was ripped out and now I can see the white fluffyness that is inside my cute little stuffed animal. ::sigh::

Poor little… cabbit?

Jean Teasdale, is that you?

!!! I’ve always wanted a ryo-oh-ki!

1. make him buy you a new one
  2. tell me where to buy one!( I don’t have time to attend any anime con’s unfortunately).

Just be glad he’s not a “furry”, or he would have followed up by fucking it. (If you don’t know what I’m talking about, do a Google search on furries. Be prepared for disturbing, yet hilarious, imagery.)

No, I’m not Jean Teasdale, nor was my stuffed animal a cabbit. It was a Healer from the Dragon Warrior/Quest games.

He didn’t even apologize! He picked it up and tried taping the string back on and told me it was as good as new. GRRRR.

Can you sew it back up?

I know absoloutly nothing about sewing. I’ll just ask my mom next time I go home, she knows everything about sewing.

He… he broke HEALIE! O_o (Okay, so I just replayed DW4.)

Hangin’s too good for 'em. I want one of those plushie Slimes with their goofy grins…

NoName, here’s what you do.

—Get a sewing needle and some thread the same basic color as the part of the stuffed animal that’s torn.

—Don’t know how to thread a needle? Hold the thread in your non-dominant hand, then pull off a length with your dominant hand that’s as long as the reach of your arm.

—Clip the thread with a scissors; don’t tear it off.

—Now hold the thread with your non-dominant hand, lick the end of it and smooth it between your fingers.

—Hold the needle in your dominant hand and try to put it “over” the end of the thread. Like getting a hoop on a peg in a carnival game. Except you’re not throwing it. Never throw a needle!

—When you’ve got the thread through the eye of the needle (you will), pull it through until you have an even length on each side. Tie the ends in a knot three times. (Each time you tighten it, it will naturally bunch up next to the other knot(s), so you will end up with one big lump at the end.) Now pull the whole thing taut (but not too taut).

—Peel back the torn area just a little more. Hold one end of the string against the edge of the gap and inside of it.

—Now jab the needle through the string and through the fur at the same time. Keep pulling until the knot is against the string.

—Turn the needle in the other direction and jab it through the fur and the string; in other words, do the same thing from the outside of the animal. Of course you do this about a millimeter away from where you jabbed the thread through the first time; otherwise, you’re just undoing your work.

—Repeat these two actions about 4-5 times until the string is firmly affixed to the animal.

—When you feel that the string will stay where it is, run the needle through the fur, like when you were a kid and you were stringing cranberries and popcorn, and you put the needle just under your skin… Anyway. This time, pull the needle all the way through the fur, but don’t pull the thread taut. Pull it about halfway, so there’s a loop of thread on the outside.

—Run the needle through this loop 3-4 times. THEN pull the thread taut. Clip off excess thread.

—Repeat with other end of string on other side of hole. You will probably have to rethread by now. That’s why I told you to clip the thread with a scissors. Thread that’s been snapped off is practically impossible to get through a needle.

—Now you have to close up the gap. It still won’t be pretty, but you’ve already got your string fastened; now you just have to hide the stuffing. Jab the needle into the fur, as close to one edge of the gap as you can get, and at the end of its length. (The gap’s length, I mean; not the needle’s.) Do this from the inside, so the knot will be concealed.

—Now hold the edges of the gap close together. Jab the needle into the outside of the fur, on the other side of the gap, and keep pushing until it comes out on the side near you. Pull it taut.

—Repeat this action, making stitches across the “seam”, such as it is, about 1/4 inch apart until you’ve reached the other end of the gap.

—Tighten the thread the same way you did after affixing the string.

—On second thought, why don’t you make your roommate do this.

Wow, Rilchiam, you are the most patient person in the world. I would have given up typing a quarter of the way through that. :slight_smile:

NoNameForMoi, tell your roomate he is the suck. Anyone broke my stuffies, they’d be needing more stitches than the stuffed animal in question. :slight_smile:

Only if he’s a furry -and- and asshole, which as this would seem to demonstrate, are not related in any way…

(Sorry, but I’ve just been getting more and more annoyed every time I see someone saying stuff like that.)

Wow Rilchiam, that is a really impressive post. Thanks!

He didn’t mess it up my healer on purpose, so I don’t feel right forcing him to get me another one. We decided that if I can’t fix it, then he has to get me a new one. Is that fair?

Yes he did. You’re being too easy on him.

NoName: You’re welcome! And I think, if it really means a lot to you, then, yes, he should get you a new one.

Daerlyn: The more I got into it, the more things I realized might not be obvious to someone who’s never done this before. So I wanted to see if I could make it 110% clear. The true test of skill is whether you can teach someone else to do the same thing.

I’d be interested to see if it works…