My school cut the study-abroad program to Spain because Spain supports terrorism.

Perhaps an alternative destination would be more palatable to Mr. Fuentes, how about Saudi Arabia or Pakistan? :rolleyes:

I say if you go through another program or go to a different country on account of this guy, he totally owned you.

Why do people let things like this happen to themselves?

I suggest you tell Mr. Fuentes, if he’s cutting foreign exchange programs, “Don’t forget Poland.

[self-insulting inflammatory bitching]
Americans are a bunch of idiotic fucktwits.
[/SIIB]

What do you suppose I do? First of all, Orange County in general is known for being very Republican, especially in comparison to the areas which surround it. This has gone on a long time and is unlikely to change any time soon, I am sorry to say.

As an example of just how Conservative it is, I bring you Steven J. Frogue, who was on the board of trustees, holds anti-semetic views and tried to get a guest speaker to one of the colleges who said that Jews were responsible for the death of JFK.

Organize the students? I doubt that. The students here are some of the most apathetic creatures I have ever encountered. They have no reason to care, since Mommy and Daddy give them most of what they need/want. You should see the luxury cars that fill the parking lots. The Muslims students, while a sizable majority, have only recently started banding together and forming clubs.

Well for starters his stunt seems to be illegal no? Go to the media, the school board, go to anyone that will listen. Rally the muslim students, stand out side his office with a tuba, threaten to break his legs, whatever you have to do.

I would be beside myself with rage if he pulled some shit like that.

It’s not illegal and it’s kind of hard to rally students who are too afraid/ignorant to know what to do or how to do it. I will try, of course, but it is going to be very difficult. When I mentioned it in my Cultural Geography class, none of the other students seemed to care. And this is a school that is 1/5 Persian.

I think the far most effective way to deal with this matter is to do it the way I plan on doing. Some of the teachers are already going to the media, and the media obviously already knows about it because of this. Hopefully the Public of Orange County will threaten to make him resign or bring back the program, but based on what I know of Orange County, the voters are more likely to give him a pat on the back. So for now, I plan on writing letters to the board and any other places I deem fit and explain that I am transfering because of their decision. I think the loss of money will make them change their mind more than anything else.

Before someone bitches, don’t threaten to break his legs, you could get in some serious trouble for that.

Spain gave in to terrorism, it is not in the best interest of a free society that protects rights of the people such as womans and gay rights to support such a country.

But as pointed out above Spain is not the only country that speaks Spanish. If your goal was to complain about not being able to visit a spanish speakign country, that is a crock of shit, If you goal is to further the terrorist POV of being against equal rights for women I think you deserve the place you put this post.

Huh? :confused:

Are you on crack, kanicbird?

Or are you just as dumb as pigshit?

I pick dumb as pig shit.

Well dumber.

Pig shit will dry up an go away.

He won’t.

Man the boards are fucking strange tonight. Is there a full moon or a comet flying too close?

Just to clear up some confusion, Mr. Fuentes is not an educator. It it not appropriate to speak in terms of him doing things to HIS students. Community College District Board Trustee is an elected position, and Mr. Fuentes was elected to that position by the public during 2004’s “accountability moment.”

The fact that Mr. Fuentes spent 20 years as the head of the Republican Party in Orange County, CA should be a useful clue in determining the likelihood that he will involuntarily be relieved of the position come the next election.

Goddamn, you’re right! All those fucking Spaniards just woke up one morning, and said, “Fuck this freedom shit, man, terrorism is the way to go!”

And isn’t this the country where 11 states recently voted to specifically deny gay rights, and some people tried to ammend the Constitution to limit gay rights?

And how the hell does someone further a point of view?

And…are you on crack? Spain doesn’t support women’s rights? Having study-abroad programs is actively supporting a country?

I know this is the Pit, but…cite? For any of this?

In OC?

He’s set for life.

I would reply to your post, but I couldn’t understand what you meant. Would you please clarify? Who is against what and where?

Thanks.
:rolleyes:

<scribbling reminder to never live in or near OC>

You’re asking kanicbird for a cite?

But as long as we’re at it, I might point out that at least Spain has equal rights for women in its constitution, unlike certain countries.

Thanks. My protestations to the contrary just aren’t enough for some people. :wink: