My Solution For Humane Death Penalty

As with most things, a simple answer is often wrong. One has to be willing to learn, and to adapt as new information comes in. We did think at one time that lethal injection would be more humane. We then discovered that it was not.

That’s not an anti-death penalty argument on pretext, as you claim. That is simply acknowledging that reality is not as simple as some would like.

This wouldn’t really be the thread for that. This isn’t a place to argue for or against the death penalty, it is to debate, given that the death penalty will be administered, what the most humane way to go about it would be.

If you want to start a debate about whether or not we should have the death penalty, that would be a different thread.

Yes, I think the move to lethal injections was well-intentioned, but poorly implemented. Since doctors have a professional obligation to stay out of the matter, we’d do better if we talked to veterinarians, and to people who run slaughterhouses. Vets are more focuses on the “humaneness” and slaughterhouse managers more on the efficiency and reliability. But both have expertise that’s not been tapped.

Cite that this argument was used?

I was doing a red donation a few weeks ago, and I looked over and… the guy next to me was doing a green donation. Right then his hat slipped a little, and I noticed the pointy ears…

eta: (sorry, didn’t realize I was bumping, didn’t check the dates; but I got on a kick of reading all of Jim_B’s OPs, and being silly here was my reward for wading through them all his threads.)