On Feb 27, I sent a PM to both Idle Thoughts and Loach telling them I wanted to start a thread about VPNs and asking them if it would be OK for me to do that. I explained I was sending this PM to both of them. I sent it to two mods because in the past, I had done something similar and sent it to only one mod and waited for two weeks but never got any reply at all. What was I to do?
I got a reply on Feb 29, asking me to explain just what I had in mind. I send a rough draft of the thread to Loach on Feb. 29 and then sent an updated version on March 1. I waited four more days for an answer and then on March 5, I wrote to Loach and explained that since I hadn’t heard anything from them in that time, I would wait another 24 hours and then, if I still hadn’t heard anything, I would assume that it would be OK for me to post that thread. I didn’t get any reply for another 24 hours and so I went ahead and posted the thread.
Idle Thoughts then closed the thread because I didn’t wait for an answer. But how long was I supposed to wait? I had done something similar in the past and I never got any answer back at all and so I figured it was just not very important to the mods.
If there was something about this topic that the mods did not want me to post, then I figured they would have gotten back to me before 5 days even if it was just to tell me to hold off. I did tell them I would wait 24 hours before posting that thread in case they wanted me to wait further.
I’d like to ask if the problem was with the topic itself or the fact that I didn’t wait long enough. I did give them notice that I would hold off for 24 hours before posting that thread and since I had waited 4 days since the last time I contacted them, As I said, in the past, I did something similar to try and give them the courtesy of checking with them first and I never got any response at all.
I’m sorry if I didn’t wait long enough. I didn’t know what to do because in the past I had done this same thing but never got any reply. Is there any chance the thread could be reopened? Could I resubmit it and wait for a reply? Or is the material itself somehow objectionable?
I’m disappointed because I tried to give the mods the courtesy of checking with them first - just in case. I mean, I could have just posted the thread in the first place and I’m guessing it would never have been closed. I just wanted to give them the courtesy of looking at it and seeing it they wanted me to make any changes for any reason.