Naked Celeb. Video Lawsuit

I was changing the channels last night and caught something about this. While I don’t know the name of the tape or the company involved, evidently some entreprenuer has gathered together 2 1/2 hours of nude scenes of famous actresses over the past 30 years.

As I watched TV, Antonio Banderas was saying that it was disgusting to sample these out of context and that the studios were suing the producers. Then I turned back to Jeopardy.

I have no links to verify this, but I swear I saw it. Can anyone find a news link to prove I’m not crazy (this time)?

I don’t have a link, but I know who you are probably talking about. He is on Howard Stern every so often. He will report in with the exact time and a description of on camera nudity.

He might say “37 minutes and 30 seconds in to the film actress so and so bares her breasts for a nice shower scene shot”.

I know the guy also sells the tapes of the many scenes spliced together. If he’s not paying for them I can see him being sued. However, it’s silly IMHO for anyone to claim that “context” is important. There isn’t any expectation of privacy if you are naked in a damn movie I would think!

I think these are actually two different people, Debaser, but I could be wrong.

The guy from Stern is “Mr. Skin”, and he has a website and videos. But recently, I’ve seen ads for a similar product that makes no overt mention of Mr. Skin. So, I’m not saying it’s not him, but I would think that he would make his name prominent enough in the commercials to stick with even the casual viewer who’s not really paying attention.

I wondered how that video could be even remotely legal when I saw the ad. I was trying to figure out if he had to pay for the rights to eah snippet, and jujst how expensive that might get.

I also thought this suit would happen. I couldn’t see the studios leasing these rights, nor could I see this fitting into the fair use exception for “review” purposes.

IIRC Reese Witherspoon is one of the people suing.

So get one right away before they’re pulled off the market?

Sorry but someone was going to :smiley:

I’ve seen the ad as well, and honestly, it doesn’t really seem like anything new. I mean, they’ve already released a tape of horror villain’s best kills, the best fight scenes in movies, it was only time before they did best nude scenes. I can’t see why a company would be able to get away with splicing together the best fight scenes from movies, but not nude scenes. If the movies are public domain, or the rights to use it are paid for, then I don’t see anything illegal in the procedure, so I can’t see where a lawsuit would hold any water.

But yes, it does exist, and I’ve seen the ads as well.

I agree with your assessment, but I’m thinking this may be a scam. No news organizations are carrying this story that I can find (not on CNN, BBC, CBS, MSNBC, ABC.) My gut feeling is that this was a scam.

http://moviepoopshoot.com/news/sept03/39.html

Huh. Campfire Video has at least four collections of male nude scenes that have been out for over a decade and AFAIK neither the studios nor the actors involved have said anything about it. Of course Campfire Video doesn’t advertise on television.

Flying under the RADAR is good sometimes, I guess.