name your favorite Peter Gabriel song

This one, for me. Not as fun as most of his, but the one that first came to mind.

Second place is the duet with Kate Bush on So, “Don’t Give Up” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl1rRxG251s

Humdrum

I don’t remember

Heh, figured no one’d go with Intruder.

I like quite a few of those already mentioned but need to add **“I Have The Touch.”
TCMF-2L

Ooooh! Good one!

Yes, this.

This!! Almost always guaranteed to bring me to tears.

No love for A Different Drum?

Solsbury Hill

This thread motivated me to go dig in my archives to find this 1978 tour poster from Peter’s gig at San Jose State. It was in the old men’s gym which wasn’t very big at all. During the intermission they allowed people up on stage to show off their Gabriel-inspired costumes.

The version with Papa Wemba and Molokai? Yeah, I’ll go with that. One of the best concerts I’ve ever seen.

Cool.

How were Jules and the Polar Bears?

And Paula Cole - let’s not forget Paula Cole.

Don’t remember anything about Jules and Co. But I do recall Gabriel and the the band making their entrance—they came in through the back of the gym, wearing fluorescent vests and shining portable spotlights all over the place as they walked up to the stage. I also remember wondering who the heck the big bald dude was (Tony Levin) and what kind of weird bass he was playing (the Chapman Stick).

For those who answered Here Comes The Flood, have you seen the version from the 1979 Kate Bush Christmas Special? Very stark.

(Yes, there was a Kate Bush Christmas Special.)

“Solsbury Hill,” “Shock the Monkey” (I still remember seeing and being fascinated by the creepy video when it first aired on MTV in 1982!) and “Don’t Give Up” are all big favorites of mine. If I had to pick one, I’d have to go with “Solsbury Hill.”

Peter Gabriel - Solsbury Hill - YouTube

Peter Gabriel (Feat. Kate Bush) - Don't Give Up - YouTube

Bingo!

Dear Lord :smiley:
I love Kate Bush but a Christmas special? That was…interesting…almost as good as a Johnny Rotten Valentine’s day special

Uhm that special is fantastic and i love the duet they do.

Games without Frontiers!