Names of all the flowers in this painting?

I’m looking at this painting of Brandt & Eelkema, and am growing more & more fascinated by it. Can someone help me name all the species in the picture? Framing each one with a number into a new image, and then write down the name here will be easiest for me to follow. Thank you!

https://i.ibb.co/mFX3ztf/Flowers.jpg

Not really my long suit, but ambit claims to open the batting …

I think 8 is a Iris
is 10 refering to the large white blooms that don’t quite look like roses or the tiny blue flowers behind?

12 looks like a rose to me, hard to br certain with the way its positioned

13 looks a lot like the goatheads currently blooming in my yard

Does 14 refer to the rust red blooms or the lavenderish buds next to them? to the left, not the poppies

10=white rose like blooms. I missed the tiny blue ones
14= red blooms. I took the others as been part of same flower … but they probably aren’t
There are also a couple of faint red blooms under #4 which I meant for the larger unfurling red rose.

If the OP comes back, rather than just us doing their horticultural homework, I will add the extra numbers

oh yeah, I missed those under #4.
I’m not going to try to guess those, whatever they are, in the context of the painting, they seem to be of less importance to the artist. colors muted, in the background, etc, ok I’ll guess, some variety of small rose

13 is an auricula

9: Morning glory/convolvulus

10: Peony? Might also be true for 3.

8: A form of honeysuckle?

The little blue flower between 1 and 2 could be a clematis.

https://i.ibb.co/zx8qc3w/Flowers2.jpg

In more hope than certainty I think there are more varieties than initially observed.
Have included the input from posters above.

7: (small white one) probably some type of Jasmin
8: could be some kind of Honeysuckle, wilted
9 Convolvulus tricolor
10:(small blue flower in background: Ehrenpreis (in German) = Veronica chamaedrys
12: Peony

13: Primula Auriculas
14: Levkoje (in German) ?= Gilliflower

I’m wondering if 3 could be a fancy peony (would proteas have come in from the Cape by the time of the painting?

19 could well be a jasmine.

1. Oriental poppy (Papaver orientale)
  2. Lilac
  3. Peony (definitely not a Protea, which would have been unknown at the time except to travelers)
  4. Rose
  5. hard to tell (the yellow flower). Possibly Pot Marigold (Calendula officinalis)
  6. Azalea
  7. do not know either the white one or the blue one.
  8. probably a jasmine
  9. Morning Glory (annual convolvulus)
  10. possibly another rose
  11. peony?
  12. rose
  13. Primula, auricula type
  14. Stock or gilliflower (Matthiola incana)

I see the Rijksmuseum date it to the early 19th century, so maybe proteas were available as an exotic luxury item

I’m pretty sure 12 is a peony. And 3 look like peonies to me, as well.

Could the colors have faded? The foliage of 9 looks like petunia, but the colors are weird for a petunia, and look more like morning glory. But the foliage is wrong for morning glory.

Proteas are very hard to grow outside their particular climate. Used to live near the UC Santa Cruz Arboretum within sight of the Pacific and knew some of the workers there. Proteas were a major speciality and it took them years to figure out how to get them to grow, even in an extremely similar climate, which the Netherlands ain’t.

Also the flower looks like a peony, the central boss of stamens variety.

I grow some peonies that look a lot like that. I don’t know how common that form of peony was at the time, but would be easy to grow in the Netherlands.

Did you mean for this to be 19?
I ask because it doesn’t look like any of the jasmine images I could find, but I think I could be a wilted honeysuckle as suggested by PatrickLondon, or an Iris as their petals grow curly like that naturally.

I’m wondering, 16, the small blue flowers, Delphium? Perhaps?

Sorry, yes, 8 is the honeysuckle-ish one. Jasmine might be 7. Maybe.

I grow a lot of different jasmines (about 7) and none of them look like 7. I maybe wrong though since jasmine is a very loose term.

As to 19, my guess is Mock Orange, Murraya Paniculata.