NARC - go see it

Ok, I’m not very good at movie reviews so I’m not going to try to write one…but I just saw the movie Narc in NYC this weekend. I’d never even heard of it before walking into the theater, but I went in on my brother the film major’s suggestion. And damn, it was a great movie. I’ve seen my handful of cop films in my years, but this one managed to stay original and keep me in suspense. And damn, Ray Liotta could act in that film - one minute being the vengeful bad cop, the next minute laughing his ass off over figuring out how the body in the bathtub lost its head. I saw 3 films this weekend (probably my record), and even though the other two were Gangs of New York (my one word review - eh) and The Two Towers (which was good, but I could rant for hours about how they messed with the story, but there’s already a thread going on that), Narc is the one that is still running through my head.

and no, nobody’s paying me to write this.

Have any other dopers seen it? Hell…have any of you even heard of it?

I just went and saw it–my boss took us all out on a Team Building Exercise (lunch and a movie).

All you ladies who love them some Ray Liotta, or the sight of cops beating the shit out of people, or men with blood on their faces, or, especially, Ray Liotta playing a cop with blood on his face beating the shit out of somebody… you have GOT to go see this movie.

I just got done watching this on DVD.

Most of the movie I was sitting there and going "Okay, good acting, gritty cop drama, Jason Patric and Ray Liotta are great, but I’ve seen the ‘bad cop’ movie before . . .
SPOILER COMING
but it’s not what you think. What an ending!!!