National ID cards on the way?

I can see how you might get coward out of that, but thief? I really don’t understand you. And, since we’re getting down to namecalling, you’re a big old bedwetting doody head.

Surghosan, would it be fair to assume you are a conscientious objector, a la the Amish or someone similar?

Folks, even if he isn’t, he may simply be saying the draft is, in his opinion, un-Constitutional.

OTOH, if Lincoln hadn’t violated the Constitution (and he did), would we be here debating this? And I like Lincoln.

Those who do not learn from the past are condemned to relive it. Georges Santayana

Misspell, misspell…

It’s Surgoshan ya dummy…

Those who do not learn from the past are condemned to relive it. Georges Santayana

That’s right, Jab, I do think the draft is unconstitutional and no I’m not a conscientous objector (how could the Amish access the SDMB, by the way?)

And I just brought up the Lincoln bit just because, no real reason. I think he did the wrong things with good intentions (if I’m fully informed).

And I suppose now would be a good time to say that I may one day join the army. I’m not opposed to the military, just the draft. And I would NOT take up arms against my country for lower taxes or legal pot. I would take up arms against, say, a government brutally supressing the freedoms of the people it’s supposed to be serving as would everyone else, I hope.

I still don’t know where pl got that “thief” bit from.

Draft me and I’ll AWOL. Imprison me and I’ll run. Shoot me and I won’t die, just to annoy you.

I got “thief” because what it appears that you want to do is live of the largesse and sweat of others.

If our country is threatened by foreign invaders, and says to its men and women, “O.K., citizens, it’s time to pay up and earn a little bit of what you’ve got,” we should feel obligated to do so. To run from that call, and let others do the work for you, is thievery.

Sigh. Yes that technology does exist, but it is used on a * very limited basis. * You know why? Because the damn readers are too expensive for a lot of agencies to own. I called around. Not one vet, pound or kennel in my part of the state owns one.

You’re joking, right? Seriously, you HAVE to be kidding.

Unless a foreign power took over, or massive political upheaval abolished the Constitution in its entirety IT’S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. The ACLU would have freakin’ field day. No court in the land would compulsory implantation. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. And without compulsory implantion, most buisnesses and agencies aren’t going to outlay cash to buy readers for a small percentage of comsumers. It’s one of the silliest Christian conspiracy theories I’ve ever heard, and believe me, I’ve heard my share.

Well, since I’m not on welfare, I can’t be directly living off of the income of others, so I’ll assume you just mean the military and people who don’t fight the draft. However, I think that this should be moved to another thread (part of it to the Pit, and part of it to a new thread in the Great Debates).