National insignia / markings on WW2 tanks

I know about the German cross and the American white star, and the Soviets sometimes had red stars on their tanks. But I don’t think I’ve ever seen a picture of, say, a British tank with a Union Jack on the turret, or a Japanese tank with a Rising Sun.

What other countries often or always had unique national (as opposed to divisional or tactical) markings on their tanks?

The white star is sometimes referred to as an “Invasion Star,” and was used by the British as well as the Americans, though I can’t find that many pictures:

You see it painted on the roof. The idea is to allow recognition by aircraft.

The British used a white square, or sometimes roundels, similar to aircraft earlier in the war.

Don’t know about the Japanese and the Italians.

In model kits Japanese tanks were always supplied with decals of the Japanese national flag and the Rising Sun flag but from a quick scan of wartime images not seeing any.

In North Africa during WW2, when Australian troops captured significant amounts of Italian vehicles, including tanks, they threw them into service with kangaroos painted on the turrets.

Image 1

Image 2

I had a hard time finding any at first and was wondering if my recollections of seeing them were entirely from models and color drawings, but then I came upon a gallery of 69 images, of them the national flag and/or rising sun is present or seems to be in these:

Japanese_Tank_Type_95_Ha-Go_Makin_Atoll.jpg (1494×1188) (worldwarphotos.info)

Type_2_Ka-Mi_tank_turret.jpg (1000×663) (worldwarphotos.info)

Japanese_Tanks_Manchuria.jpg (900×548) (worldwarphotos.info) - foreground left is flying a flag, but the background right has what appears to be a national flag painted on the side, but I’m having a hard time definitely determining if it is or isn’t.

Marine_General_Thomas_Watson_and_Japanese_Type_95_Ha_Go_Tank_Saipan_1944.jpg (1031×1600) (worldwarphotos.info)

Type_2_Ka_Mi_amphibious_tank_from_1st_Yokosuka_SNLF_on_Saipan_1944.jpg (1600×1268) (worldwarphotos.info) - worn rising sun appears to be on turret side.

Type_95_Ha_Go_Saipan_1944.jpg (1600×1233) (worldwarphotos.info)

Chi_Ha_tank_used_as_mobile_pillbox_Saipan_July_1944.jpg (1600×1219) (worldwarphotos.info)

Ha_Go_tank_9th_tank_regiment_Saipan.jpg (1600×1271) (worldwarphotos.info)

Ka_Mi_amphibious_tank_Leyte_Philippines_1944.jpg (1043×1600) (worldwarphotos.info)

Great, thanks - keep ‘em coming for other countries!

Now that is cool.