National Weather Service Struck by Lightning

You can’t make this stuff up.

What’s next? Centers for Disease Control gets the flu? The IRS finds that it owes back taxes? Ooh, I know. The Department of Housing and Urban Development gets their property seized under eminent domain for housing and urban development.

Bush gets hit by falling tree???

Having been hit by lightning, I can empathize with the guy inside.

It is kinda like the mechanics car that is a wreck…

It’s like the National Hurricane Center getting hit by an earthquake!

Oh, wait…

A house along our road burned down last week. They think it was a lightning strike. The family who lived there were hoarders, so firefighters weren’t able to maneuver inside, and had to fight the fire from outside, without much success.

Okay . . . um . . . so that wasn’t very ironic. How about . . . a telescope getting hit by a meteor? A sandbag factory being flooded?

Somebody breaks into your house and steals your burglar alarm…

Bawahahahaa,now that is funny…

A while back at work, one of the projects I work on was conducting a disaster recovery test. During the course of the test, a problem at the recovery site caused the mainframe to crash. As they were bringing the mainframe back up, a thunderstorm outside the building caused the lights to flicker and go out briefly. Then, while they were on a conference call explaining all of this to us, the fire alarm went off and they had to evacuate the building.

I thought they were just supposed to *simulate *a disaster…

One of my mother’s friends bought a $2000 Doberman guard dog. Less than a week later the dog was stolen.