Or, help me back up my trash talk to my wifey.
So the wifey nagged to mop the floor this weekend, so I did. We usually have a sponge type mop, but it was broken, so I went to the store and got the swabby type mob. Now, I was taught the particular technique to use this style o’ mop along time ago from I-don’t-know-who. It is as follows:
- Bucket of hot soapy water
- Dunk mop in bucket
- Slop hot soapy water gratuitously everywhere
- Let is sit for a minute or two
- soak up hot soapy water with mop in a back and forth swabby like fashion
- ring out mop
- If floor = still wet, goto 5 else dispose of water and put equipment away.
Now as I was on step 3, she started screaming at me that I was making a huge mess and that the world was about to explode if i didn’t stop (or something along those lines, I was trying to not listen). Anyway, i told her to relax since that was the official navy technique going back hundreds of years. She immediately called me on my bullshit, because she can tell when i make shit up. However, neither of us really knew what the official Navy way is. Can anyone help fix my marriage by proving me right?
(BTW, the floor came out nice and clean, so that mostly shut her up)