Need a Quote [Islam "Lesser Brethren" Short story]

I can’t find the book anywhere, it’s 100 Creepy Little Creature Stories. One of the tales was about an elderly, wealthy gentleman who loved animals. In the course of the story it was related that a Muslim tried to convert the man to Islam and quoted something from the Qur’an about the “lesser brethren” about loving animals in addition to one’s fellow man.
I’m looking for that particular quote and a Google search is bringing up ambiguous results. The story’s title, unsurprisingly, is “The Lesser Brethren”.

According to this bibliography site, “The Lesser Brethren Mourn” by Seabury Quinn was taken from Strange Stories Oct ’40, and anthologized in 100 Creepy Little Creatures ed. Robert Weinberg, Stefan R. Dziemianowicz & Martin H. Greenberg (Barnes & Noble 1-56619-511-X, Aug ’94, $7.98, 585pp, hc, cover by Kevin McGuinness).

I don’t find the story online, but I have a question: Are you sure that the incident in the narrative is a Muslim belief? The “little brethren” is a name used for the “minor brothers” of the Franciscan order, many of whom (Francis, Anthony, etc.) have tales relating their affinity for beasts. Is there any chance that some plot convolution resulted in a transposed memory between a Muslim and a Franciscan and you might have better luck following the quote down that path?

Nope, unless Mohammadean has suddenly become an adjective for the Franciscan order.

Bring
Up
My
I finally found my copy of this book, and “The Lesser Brethren Mourn” by Seabury Quinn is on pages 282-289. What do you need?

Oh, I see that the user who asked about this is a guest. Who is probably gone now.

According to Idries Shah, St. Francis of Assisi was secretly a convert to Islam, whose order imitated the orders of dervishes of the East. St. Francis traveled to Arab Spain and to Egypt. Both times the Muslims treated him as a friend.

I should caution that Idries Shah habitually mixed in outrageous bullshit along with his serious ideas, and on purpose made it hard to tell the one from the other.