Need a recipe for Red Clam Sauce

Today I got a strong craving for some pasta with a nice red clam sauce. I went to an Italian eatery for lunch (a chain) and they didn’t have much in the way of pasta on the menu at all, and nothing with clam sauce.

I’ve never actually made clam sauce, but I am sure that my fellow dopers won’t let me down and will come up with some tasty stuff.

Thanks.

I make this fairly often from the COOKING LIGHT series. I don’t have the info here at work, but if you’re patient I can post tonight…

Tonight? But I want it now!!!

No, I don’t mind waiting at all. I probably wouldn’t be able to make it until Sunday anyways.

Bump.

Good, because I forgot when I got home. :o I’ll bring it in to work tomorrow. :slight_smile:

I thought this might be about that pair of red wings some bikers wear on their colors; then I thought, Hell, you don’t need a recipe for that!

Paraphrased from Cooking Light’s Light & Easy Cookbook (p.97):

Place large skillet over medium-high heat and saute chopped onion (1/4 cup) and minced garlic (1 clove) until tender. Then add the following:[ul][li]1 can (14.5 oz) whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped (no salt added)[]1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce (no salt added)[]1/4 cup dry white wine[]1 tsp dried basil[]1/8 tsp dried crushed red pepper[/ul]Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Add 2 cans (6 oz) minced & drained clams. Cook 2 additional minutes. Mix with pasta (cooked separately) and sprinkle with parmesan.[/li]
Yields 4 (2-cup) servings: 401 calories, 4.2g fat, 224mg sodium, 2.6g fiber, 28.7 g protein.

Personally, I add more garlic, onion, and red pepper, plus a higher fiber pasta, though YMMV. I recommend all their cookbooks though. Terrific, tasty, and very easy.

Thanks. Last night I found a can of Progresso Red Clam Sauce in the grocery store - it wasn’t good.