need a song to express that there is a song for everything.

A gathering of my family is a bit like stepping into a musical. For every thread of conversation someone will sing an appropriate line.

Is there a song that expresses that there is always a song that expresses your situation?

How about The Triangles’ Applejack?

*So sing apples sing drumkits
Sing moonlight sing lungfish
And sing a song mitochondria
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa

The lyrics are kind of weird, but arguably it’s about a song for every occasion.
(You’ve probably heard it recently in a cell phone commercial.)

I almost hate to suggest this sappy song, since it almost drove me crazy, years ago, but

The Carpenters “Sing a Song”

WARNING: Do NOT click on link below if you are faint of heart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUhUw2oyFNc

[quote=“Bellhorn, post:3, topic:678401”]

I almost hate to suggest this sappy song, since it almost drove me crazy, years ago, but

The Carpenters “Sing a Song” /QUOTE]

My first thought was the Sesame Street version of this song.

All You Need is a Song

http://www.metrolyrics.com/songs-lyrics-sesame-street.html

Songs, are around whenever you need them
Songs, follow you wherever you lead them
Songs, they seem to come alive each time you sing 'em
Songs, you can play them straight or you can swing 'em

If you want to go meta, there’s Maria Taylor’s Song Beneath the Song.

thanks Tara, “All You Need Is A Song” is perfect! (and the “Sing A Song” Carpenters song is the one I thought of when I posed this question to myself…and is nowhere near corny enough to be too corny for my family).

If you’re still entertaining suggestions, there’s Theme Song by Uncle Bonsai (link is to lyrics only) or Title of the Song by DaVinci’s Notebook (very meta, and definitely read the comments).

There’s also SONG ABOUT SONGS, by Wheeler and Schloss: “some songs are for the singing whenever lovers do entwine … there are lullabies and hymns … for all the tears that’s been cried, there’s a song in my heart makes my love for you shine.”

Barenaked Ladies: It’s all been done before?

I write the songs