Need help identifying flowers

In the past couple weeks some unusual (to us, anyway) flowers have bloomed on our property (southern NY state) and I have no idea what they are.

At first glance this: Red Flower 1 Red flower 2 almost looked like a larger wilder form of indian paintbrush.

Then there’s this: White flower 1 White flower 2 that we thought might be chamomile, but the flower looks more plush than the chamomile’s daisy-like flower. Sorry about the lack of focus.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Red Flower might be a type of chrysanthemum. White Flower looks like a variety of shasta daisy.

(These are guesses - not totally wild, but not Botanist Expert Level either.)

The white flowers look rather like fleabane to me. They look more like chamomile to me though.

The red one is Red Bergamot

I’m still working on the other.

Red flower might be monarda (bee balm).

I found some pictures of a plant nicknamed “scentless chamomile”. You can see it on this page. Does your plant have a scent, mack?

Cursor down on this page to see monarda.

The white one I believe is Pearly Everlasting

Your most recent link doesn’t work, Colibri.

Monarda is the same as Red Bergamot (Monarda didyma), aka Bee Balm, Oswego Tea, etc.

Regarding the white flowers, I believe the petals are too short for it to be either chamomile or scentless chamomile.

Here’s another link for Pearly Everlasting Anaphalis margaritacea

Learn something every day!

I’m not entirely sure about the Pearly Everlasting, since I can’t tell if the leaves in mack’s photos belong to the flowers or not. If so, it must be something else, since Pearly Everlasting has narrow rather fuzzy leaves/

This image shows Pearly Everlasting leaves.

Thanks for the feedback so far!

I think we have the red one nailed. I’m still not sure about the white. The petals of fleabane look to be too narrow, as do the leaves of the Pearly Everlasting.

There’s really no scent to speak of, but the chamomile flower’s petals seem to be more sparse. Maybe it’s a mutant scentless chamomile.

Here are two more shots hot off the card: size Leaf

Ok, with that leaf I’m pretty sure it’s none of the candidates named so far.

Back to the field guides.

Definitely not fleabane. Looks like something in compositae. back soon.

Could it possibly be poison hemlock?! (The leaves looked to be in the parsely family, so I started pulling up memebers of that family…)

Strike that, no purple on the stem, back to searching.

Have the experts looked at both German chamomile (Matricaria chamomilla) and Roman chamomile (Anthemis nobilis)?

It’s definitely a composite, family Asteraceae, and probably in the subfamily of either the everlastings or the chamomiles.

I don’t think so. I checked photos, and in both of those the petals are too long, and the leaves are too thin (although they are divided).