Need help IDing movie...

not sure if he somehow time traveled or if he was just a weird guy, but it was a movie about a guy in modern times who dressed/talked exactly like a 1920s era reporter. I almost want to say that he was in black and white while everything else was in color. Movie would have been released within the past decade.

The Public Eyewas the first thing that came to mind. I ddn’t see the whole movie, but I thought it was just set in the 1940’s as the IMDb description says. I have some slight recollection of another similar movie, but it’s just not coming to mind.

Negative on that one. Now that I think about it, he may not have been a reporter. It was definitely a “fish out of water” type movie from a guy who acted like he was from the 20s (and not “Blast from the Past” with Brendan Frasier).

I took the liberty of posting your question on the IMDB board, and one of the experts posited it was this movie:

Yep, thank you much!

I’m probably one of 14 people who saw Man Of The Century in the theater, and I saw it twice. I was racking my brain trying to think of the name of it to suggest it, but couldn’t remember. I haven’t seen it since 1999 though. Now that it’s back in my head I’d love to see it again.