Need Help Shipping My Diggeridoo- Need Answer By Friday 1/27/23

First Nations is used in Australia, including by some First Nations people. Aborigine is outdated and possibly offensive. Aboriginal people (Aboriginal and Torres Strat Islander, if appropriate), or Indigenous people are more common terms.

Traditionally, women are not allowed to play the didgeridoo. There could be other taboos around them; I wouldn’t know. They are used in sacred ceremonies but I don’t know if they are themselves specifically sacred.

Is that what you kids are calling it nowadays?

Thanks. I will strive to use the correct term in the future.

Only to people who have embraced “wokeness.”

The poster seems to be an Australian who owns seven guns (from what I’ve gathered by his previous comments). I don’t particularly think he is “woke” so much as perhaps either making a joke or is offended at the idea of a PVC didgeridoo.

Or, perhaps, “woke” means “heavily armed” in Strine.

I actually got two more didgeridoos this trip. These both fit easily in my luggage though.

ETA

Due to not knowing for certain whether they’ll accept my instrument as checked baggage, and the fact that I won’t be able to return it to the car that’s driving me if they reject it. I’m leaving it at my Mom’s in Florida. It has been a very stressful week, I don;t need losing my first didge on top of it.