Need help with a puzzle

I’m trying to set up a geo-location puzzle. I need to compose some directions that say, basically, start here, go somewhere else and end up where you started. But… I want it to seem like the directions are leading somewhere else.

Something like - start here, go ten paces, turn left five paces, go ten paces in another direction.
But more clear while being more deceptive.

Sorry if that’s not clear, I couldn’t think of a better way to explain it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Mix your units: miles for directions North and West, kilometers for directions South and East.

From the starting point pick a landmark. Make the description as cryptic as you want then have the person go there. Lather, rinse, repeat.

OR simply have the person go 50 feet in that direction, then find the next landmark and go 72.695 feet in that direction. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Maybe relative directions? Go two miles in the direction of the nearest Goodwill Thrift Shop – go four miles in the direction of Atlanta, GA. Some’at like that?

Hmm, I like that… it has potential!

This is a great idea. You could also mix directions. Instead of North and East etc, it could be towards or away from the setting sun, or use degrees around a circle, or left vs right.

Like this?

http://thesecret.pbworks.com/w/page/86287246/Verse%2003