Need ideas for Election Night party mix CD - NO LEE GREENWOOD!

“You’re the Man” by Marvin Gaye

An upbeat and spunky song about an abused woman who burns down her house with herself and her husband in it, leaving her young daughter an orphan to be sent to the county home? I think I might leave that one off the list.

Maybe a bit too loaded for your event, but how about We Shall Overcome? In addition to the song’s history, the lyrics, standing alone, could have relevance to this particular election. But again, maybe too much, or just the wrong thing for you and your group.

Sorry I can’t help you with balancing things out.

Vote With a Bullet by Corrosion of Conformity. You know, in case Obama loses. :smiley:

You Can’t Always Get What You Want by The Rolling Stones.
The Times They Are a Changin’ by Bob Dylan
Don’t Stop Believin’ by Journey

“Democracy” and “Everybody Knows” by Leonard Cohen.

At Obama’s rallies, they always play Stevie Wonders’ “Signed, Sealed, Delivered I’m Yours.”

There’s a list of McCain and Obama’s favorite songs here. I love that McCain’s top fave is Abba’s “Dancing Queen.” I gotta have some respect for a man who admits that.

Some good stuff on this Mannheim Steamroller CD.

McCain likes ABBA? Shit, I never would’ve imagined that in a million years.

G. Gordon Liddy’s a big fan too. Guess like wife swapping, it goes with the territory of being a Republican.

Well, I’ll admit, it’s more the mood and the tempo of that song than the lyrics that appeal to me… :cool:

I recommend the Bonzo Dog Band classic No Matter Who You Vote For, The Government Always Gets In:

Oh, great, great slumbering nation (cock-a-doodle-doo!)
Awake! Set yourself free!..
An’ give a little chirrup as I ladle on the syrup
Promises are cheap
Let me bear your crosses
Make me Boss of Bosses
Then you go back to sleep! ha ha ha…

You can download it from Itunes.

Another one for if McCain wins Feel Like I’m Fixin’ to Die Rag by Country Joe and the Fish.

“Gimme Some Truth” by John Lennon
“I’m Afraid of Americans” by David Bowie
“Idiot Wind” by Bob Dylan