Netfllix Question

When I get the message “Your connection has slowed”, what has slowed? My connection or their server? It seems like my “Connection” is only slowed during the busy hours on the internet.
Anyone?

I am getting this message a lot as well. On my Xbox 360.

I have Clear / Clearwire Internet and pull my Internet out of the air, using a specialized modem [Wimax Wi-fi]. I notice my signal lights vary wildly from 2 to 5, with 3 usually being the average.

I attributed my Netflix slowing down to the fact that my Wi Max modem was losing and gaining bars. I can move my modem 3 inches one way or another, and gain or lose 2 signal lights. Much like Bars on a cell phone.

You have to have broadband to even get Netflix streaming, so I would bet that Netflix is stating the message at the fact that your surfing speed has slowed.

I wouldn’t mind that hiccup with the streaming, if I didn’t have to put up with the shoddy navigation controls on the Xbox. I want to back it up 30 seconds, and inevitably get sent back to the Netflix dashboard, and to resume, I have to re-buffer the film, and also redetermine quality. - And then still rewind it after that.