Never colonize mineral poor planets, or Share your useless expertise.

Augh! I should have known the one about Minesweeper. Guess I haven’t played that in a while…

I can solve a Rubik’s Cube in 3 minutes, using the Simple Solution To Rubik’s Cube.

In Civ II with full tech development, use a spy to investigate a target city BEFORE you drop a Nucl. Msl. on it; if necessary, sabotage the SDI Defense improvement. Likewise, keep some units deployed near your own cities to detect other players’ spies.

A ridge hand to the top of the head, in point sparring, can be a very effective technique.

The rules for dodgeball: “You dodge.” (From BtVS, prob. season 2.)

Omni, what’s a wishbone offense? Two backs, one to each side of the QB, with 2 receivers and 1 tight end? And why was it dropped?

The Wishbone Offense

Quick summary: 2 halfbacks, 1 fullback, 2 tight ends. It was never really dropped, just more effective schemes were developed. The wishbone is a power running/option formation that is used in high school and some small colleges where the skill-position players aren’t as talented.

Don’t forget the Neural Interface thingie or whatever, the achievement that makes spying impossible against you.

When cooking red beans (kidney beans), adding a pinch of baking soda will remove the um, “gaseous” side-effects.

On many SMTP mail servers, you can telnet directly to port 25 of the server and hand-build the email - the “From” address isn’t validated, such that sending prank emails to your co-workers from “ImAKinkyNun@yourcorp.com” can of some entertainment value. If you wish to stir up a hornets’ nest, sending email to “coworker1@yourcorp.com” from “coworker2@yourcorp.com” confessing their wildest fantasies can be amusing.

–IDB

Oh, that second tip’s evil, IDemandBeer.

My Useless Tip o’ the Day?

The NANP has reserved two blocks of ten numerically-consecutive area codes for ‘unspecified future purposes’. :slight_smile:

Ah! The hunter-seeker algorithm.
It’s possible to make an incredibly loud bomb (or, if you prefer, an potent projectile weapon) with an empty two-liter soda bottle and some liquid nitrogen. No actual explosion, though; just gas pressure and a really loud noise. You can do something similar with dry ice, but it’s not as impressive.

Always do a core sample test before you buy land.

Never use a synthetic bristle brush on long hair.

Never EVER brush long hair when it’s wet.

Civ II - ditto on the Pyramids - and always try to get Leonardo’s Workshop and Adam Smith’s Trading Company. These will save you a lot of money in the long run.

Do not perform negative-G manvers in a Huey, the rotor may snap off.
When making macaroni & cheese don’t add more than a tiny bit of milk or it will dilute the flavor of the cheese.
When baking, turn off the oven a few minutes before the food is done cooking, the residual heat is enough to cook it the rest of the way. This saves power and keeps the food from becoming charcoal if you forget to take it ot in time.
When attempting to ride on the hood of a car one should only do this on the older models with large flat hoods like cadilacs or oldsmobiles. One must grab the lip of the hood along the slot where the wipers come out and spread your legs far enough to hook your toes over the sides of the front of the car to avoid being thrown off.

If your outside condensing unit (Air Conditioner) is making a loud noise from the fan blade and is NOT hitting anything. Get a 5/16th wrench and tighten up the screws. I may help.

In HTML the blink tag is as follows:

<blink>Blinking Text</blink>

Never use a liquid when cleaning your mouse ball. A soft cloth will work just fine.

I have no idea what most of you people are talking baout in here, but I jst wanted to say that every single time I see the title of this thread, I read it wrong differently. So far, my brain has scrambled it to say:

“Never colorize poor material plants”
“Never coverize mineral poor pants”
“Never colonize poor mineral plants”
“Never colorize your useless experts”
and
“Do you cover poor mineral paints” :dubious:

"You don’t tug on Superman’s cape
You don’t spit into the wind
You don’t pull the mask off the ol’ Lone Ranger and
You don’t mess around with Jim

Dee-doo-dee-dee-doo"

"You don’t tug on Superman’s cape
You don’t spit into the wind
You don’t pull the mask off the ol’ Lone Ranger and
You don’t mess around with Jim

Dee-doo-dee-dee-doo"

Might I ask how?

I dunno, I kind of like it. Maybe you just need to hit on geekier people.

Anytime you are running a job out of a JCL library that is not yours, if you have the time, do a 3.4 from the ISPF main screen to determine if any relevant data sets are still cached on DASD. If it indicates it’s on a tape, check the VOLSER to see if the tape is even in house. Running a J-Scan will not always come up with that information.

Wow there’s a lot of Civ geeks on here.

When learning a form that travels in a straight line, stretch a cord from the beginning to the end, and try to complete the form without coming up above the cord. This only works, of course, if there are no jumps in the form in question.

When closing with someone in SCA heavy combat, if you’ve got the shot, take it. Placing the edge of your weapon against his grill and calling his attention to it won’t always work, particularly in a melee combat.

“Quoz,” “What a shocking bad hat!”, and “Does your mother know you’re out?” were all once nonsense phrases common in London and used to humorous effect by the ruffians there.

The keyword entry is no longer reserved in ANSI C, but it was meant to implement FORTRAN-style functions with multiple points of entry dependent on the function they were to perform. No compiler I know of ever actually implemented this, and the syntax for it is unclear to this day.

Perl has three goto statements, one a computed goto reminsicient of FORTRAN. Why Larry thought that was a good idea is beyond me.

Devo means De-evolution, which is an ironic Postmodern way of signifying the end of the Modernist Cult of Progress.

The Intel 4004, the world’s first microchip, had no multiply or divide opcodes. I have implemented a simple four-bit multiplier in 4004 assembly.

You can suck air through a wood ruler. It comes out in tiny bubbles.

When I get really hungry, thousands of tiny bubbles in my neck pop. It’s semi-useful to me, but utterly useless info to anyone else on Earth. :wink:

More computer gaming info:

In King of Dragon Pass, in the beginning of the game, you’ll soon encounter a village of ducks. If you want to get the little feathered pests out, raid to seize their land instantly when the duck-finding event comes, and you might force them out. However, if you don’t raid or the raid doesn’t succeed, try to refrain from raiding them afterwards, or a whole bunch of beastfolk comes and stomps on your ass.

Dry icy works too

also in Ages of Empire 2, except for maps with very little water, naval power will be the deciding factor. Even with no coast or no rivers on the map, I find it useful to build docks and ships in ponds as an alternative to towers.

In the original Final Fantasy game the most effective party is three fighters and either a white or red mage. This lets you deal quickly and decisively with the random encounters that make up the bulk of the fighting while still being quite effective during boss battles.